Heroes change

His fingers trailed along the wall. He wasn't listening to any of his friends as they criticized the hero everyone had once loved. He had realized something the second someone got killed on the national nightly news, because of him. Or rather because of his alter ego. Maybe the world didn't need him.

They had only seen one of the deaths he caused and suddenly everyone was against him. He kept walking around the perimeter of the room. What if they found out about every other death he caused? Whether it had been him to have spilt the blood or not, it was still his fault.

And everyday as he watched the news he kept remembering, every other hero had killed more times than he had. Civilains had died because of them. So why was he being criticized? Why was he the one the world was saying they don't need anymore.

Maybe being a hero wasn't worth it. Maybe it never would be. I mean, if I became a hero I wouldn't have to worry about bad hair days!

Hop out of bed, and out the door because that's just the way villains roll. Wild and unruly locks accompany the villain job description. If the good guy has that long tendril of hair obscuring one of his eyes, the heroine is suspicious of him until he proves he's not the villain in disguise.

Maybe being a villain would be better. I glanced over at my friends as the gossiped. The room was dark and damp. After all it was a secret tunnel they had found.

It was hidden deep underground and now that he thinks about it....a secret tunnel that no one knew about.....

Its as if fate has planned for him to realize his potential in this very tunnel. The very tunnel, the same tunnel that had scared him out of his wits the first time his friends and him found it, was about to help him.

Funny how fate works. He could feel the crazy smile come on his face. He stopped walking along the perimeter of the room and turned to his friends slowly.

They didn't notice him as he slowly walked towards them, his steps echoing loudly. They looked up, of course they weren't scared.....yet. He was known as the quiet shy nerd, he could never hurt a fly.

He scoffed at the narrators words. He knew he had hurt millions, but this would be his first time hurting innocent people. He also knew he wasn't silent, he was watching silently figuring out people weaknesses. Sure he was a nerd, but all the better to think of new ways to kill people.

His smile turned into a smirk and he pulled out his handy dandy pocket knife. His friends all started getting worried.

"Bro are you okay?" His one friend stuttered out.

He laughed a crazy laugh "of course I'm okay. I've never been better"

He hummed a creepy song and he circled around his prey. He traced his knife on the cheek of his friend.

It only got bloody and gorier from there. And by the time he had finished all his friends were dead with the same signal batman uses carved into there skin all over.

After all, batman is suppose to stand for hope and justice for Gotham. And he was going to stand for hope and justice in his home town. Nothing said hope and justice like murdering the people who have wronged you!