James|Camping Murder

"I just think we should take a break... for one weekend, just to clear our minds. We can get away from school, these people here..." I sunk down on the couch and let out a deep breath. "Our families."

His eyes met mine and he gave a somewhat scared smile. "Okay," was his only response.

"'Okay', you agree? Or 'okay,' like I'm forcing you to do this?" I asked, playing with his shirt sleeve. He nodded and thought about it for a minute.

"We can go hiking... camping," He said, still keeping a straight face. Sometimes it was hard telling what he was feeling, because he always looked so unaffected. Whether I told him I was pregnant, dying of small pox or that I had just ordered a pizza, he'd look the same.

"Alright... okay, but where? And how are we getting there? And away?" I ask and he sits back. I'm not sure if I'm being too pushy or what. He nervously fidgets with the pillows next to him on the couch.

"Like somewhere away? So no one finds us?" He suggests with a shrug. "If that's what you want."

"See James," I sit back and grin. "Talking to people isn't that hard."

<*>

"I have the stuff," James greets me as I open the door. He throws down three large duffel bags, that are full of whatever he thought we'd possibly need for just two days. "Food, clothes, water, blankets, lighters..."

"We're going away for two days," I reminded him and shut the door behind me. "Not forever."

We're making eye contact, but it's like he's looking straight through me.

"James? Are you alright?" I ask with concern as I help him lift the bags into the car. I have no idea where he got it from either, I had never seen it before. Sometimes with him, you just have to roll with it. Weird things happen, move on.

<*>

After half an hour of him asking me about what I was going to do next week, if anyone was expecting to see me, or would know if I was gone, we had finally arrived. I guessed because of our discussion and the fact that he brought loads more than we needed, that he was planning on staying longer. Honestly, it didn't matter to me. I was in no rush to get home.

"I want to hike up this mountain," He announces as he shuts off the car. I nod and shove my things in my purse. "Get out and wait here."

I shake my head. Is he insane? I'm not going to wait here by myself in the middle of the woods. Besides, we had too much to carry with us.

"Just listen to what I'm saying, okay?" He was getting frusturated. I kept resisting, and finally he gave up and got out with me. We locked the car and threw on our backpacks, leaving the rest in the car incase we needed it. "There's a nice cave up at the top," He mentioned as we started to climb.

"You've been here before? It looks like no one's ever been here, like even in prehistoric times," I point out as we keep climbing. He doesn't say anything. I realize the hill isn't as big as it looked from the bottom, but it's a million times wilder. There are vines and roots sticking out everywhere.

"If we get attacked by mountain lions, for example, how good would you be at fighting them?" He questions me confidently as if that's a normal question.

"Well I'd definitely be fighting you for taking me here," I laugh but again, he doesn't respond. "I'm joking, man. I love you." He's gotten serious all of the sudden. I run over to him, noticing that he's frozen in place. His face is flushed, like he's scared.

"Please just go... Drive away, call my dad to come get me or sonething," He begs, starting to cry. He won't look at me.

"James? What's going on? You're scaring me." I shake him and he covers his face with his hands, sobbing.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry (Y/N)," He gently shoves me away from him. "I was g-going to kill you... but I l-love you... I love you too much to."

----AUTHORS NOTE----
Guess who's going to sleep and not doing her biology assignment cause fuck that shit ammiright