Mates and sons

Days passed after that night with Dwayne we began going out more seeing more of each other. I slowly started to let him see Charles again as well. Charles began to open up more with people once he got comfortable with Dwayne he even wanted to spend more time with laddie and the others. Even though everything was going well and Charles was happy there was one thing I could not get off my mind...what in the hell is a mate? What does it mean? And is laddie Dwayne's son? Or did he kidnap the poor kid cause honestly who would want to be near Paul and Marko for one there dumb as a sack of rocks and David...well enough said.

I sat on the bed in the cave where they first brought me and Charles. I was so deep in thought I didn't notice two arms wrapping themselves around my waist. Not bothering to turn to face him I smiled leaning back "what were you thinking about?" He asked in a deep tone which only sent a cold chill down my spine. I lean up and turn to face him not wanting to have this talk without seeing his face.

"Did you kidnap laddie or is he your son?" His face was like some random person came up and booped his noes "And what is a mate?". He waited to see if I had any other questions before he began to chuckle trying not to laugh.

"Well no I did not kidnap laddie" he said I scooted closer signaling for him to continue. "I had this one night stand with a girl before I turned she was apart of my tribe after the turn nine months later she begged me to marry her but I did not love her so I killed her only to find out she had given birth to my son David Changed him he is not fully a vampire" before he continued I stopped him.

" Wait if this was so long ago how is laddie still a little boy?" I asked confused. " Well I was getting to that we want to wait for him to fully turn after he is older laddie is ageing but slowly by the time your grand children are fully grown He will be old enough to turn" he said. I must have had a pretty stupid expression on my face because he began to laugh.

"Ok so a mate?" I began to get irritated with him laughing at me all the time. "A mate is just like a soul mate only more intense for vampires if I was to lose you like if you died I would slowly go mad and throw myself in to the sun". It had took me a minute to absorb the information before I wrapped my arms around his neck. "For a vampire his mate is his way of life, his purpose for living". I pull away and softly kiss him a wake of electricity running through my body. 

"Turn me" I said in a hushed town pulling me away far enough so he could see my face he looked at me as if I had kicked a puppy. "Turn me I don't want you to lose me and I don't want to lose you, let me know how it feels, let me live forever with you" I said. "It'll be me and you, laddie and Charles....mates and sons" I blurted out. His expression was of confusion and shock it wasn't until then I realized what I had said I had just called Charles my son.