Chapter 1: [W⃟H⃟E⃟N⃟ L⃟I⃟G⃟H⃟T⃟N⃟I⃟N⃟G⃟ S⃟T⃟R⃟I⃟K⃟E⃟S⃟...]

A/N: The Young Justice Abridged Theme might be the start of every chapter unless I find the real Young Justice themes. I just love the abridged theme because its so awesome.

This story begins on Earth-21. You'll know when it shifts to Earth-16. Updates will be scattered and may take some time so please forgive me. Also, I have no idea when I'll work on "The Benevolent Thief" again. I think I'm going to change the cover because I want to keep Nightclaw as he is, not turn into Nightwing unless it works.

Ignore the days unless you feel like they're necessary. I just find it sort of helps me. Also, remember that some of the terms in here are made up and are equal to some things in our world such as RedCast = Youtube.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
6 Years Ago | Earth-21 |
Central City | December 11|
20:34 EDT — [08:34 PM]

It was a nice night in Central City.

The city lights illuminated through the dark skies and the usual traffic had declined. Dozens of people were at S.T.A.R Labs, waiting in anticipation for the opening of the newly finished particle accelerator. Protestors were gathered on the sidelines, their signs bobbing up and down as they yelled various messages.

Barry Allen—CCPD's forensic scientist and adoptive father of Richard John Grayson—was a huge fan of Harrison Wells and the particle accelerator. The science behind it amazed him to no end, and after three whole years of waiting, the project was finally being opened. He had recently been in the building, listening to Harrison Wells's speech, when his friend, Iris West, was robbed of her computer. Iris returned home, upset and stressed, while Barry returned to the CCPD.

On his makeshift desk, near his computer sat two photos; one of his mother and father together with him, the other of him and Lisa Snart hugging a 5 year-old Richard Allen while Leonard was in the middle behind the two other adults. Now Dick was 7 years old and learning to fight. He was focusing on being a law enforcement officer, something that Leonard and Lisa both disapproved of. Barry was not particularly ecstatic about his son's decision either, but he would support his kid in any way possible, unless he was doing drugs.

Outside of the CCPD, a heavy storm brewed and showered onto the streets of Central City. Lightning lit the sky and thunder shook the air. Barry grabbed a chain that acted as a pulley for the window on top of the CCPD forensic lab, and pulled to close the window shut.

Behind him, the different colored fluids on a nearby shelf began to rise out of their containers against the pull of gravity (or whatever). The sky over S.T.A.R Labs had turned into a circling cloud of fire-colored energy, with a yellow-orange beam feeding it. It was only a matter of seconds before a bolt of lightning struck the chain and traveled down to Barry, jolting him away from the chain and into the metal shelves that held the chemicals. A red-yellow streak ran up the inside of his head and his foot, mixing with his blood and muscles. His DNA was mutated; his body slowly changing to manage his new found power.
⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁⌁
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ѕᴀᴍᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆
"Mom! I'm going to go check on the generator!"

Richard John Allen, otherwise known as Dick, ran down the stairs, relying on his iVex* for light. The power had gone out a minute ago, followed by a loud, distinct crack of thunder and the flash of a nearby lightning bolt that ripped through the sky. Observing the heavy storm and partly being raised by his aunt Diana, princess of the Amazons, Dick commented, "The gods must be angry. I wonder what has upset you, Lord Zeus."

Dick walked over to the generator and checked for damages to the machine. To anyone else, it would be a bizarre sight, seeing a child outside in a heavy storm with nothing but his sweat-clothes and summer shoes on, but Dick wasn't thinking of it.