The Facility

Seventeen's POV

I gazed at the beautiful sight, taking a swig of my Apple juice. I was now on Ace's private Yacht, and we were now heading to the island. Days passed quickly and before I knew it I was here, on a yacht, in a black hoodie and ripped jeans, the sleeves pulled up till my shoulders, a glass of Apple juice in my hands staring at the sea.

"Sev?" A voice called out. I hummed in response, already knowing who called me. Nick walked over to me, standing by my side, "Let me Guess, Ace forbade you from drinking anymore wine."

"You think?" I grumbled drinking the rest of my Apple juice. Nick was twirling a dagger in his hand, staring at the sea.

"You aren't addicted are you?" Nick asked me, I could sense the concern in his voice.

"No. Of course I'm not!" I exclaimed, "It's just that... the wine, it makes me feel better."

"From what?" Nick asked curiously, I didn't answer, "You can tell me or Ace anything you know." He stated nonchalantly dagger still in hand.

"Of course I do, it's just... things are complicated." I said rubbing my forehead, "I may see someone I really don't want to see at The Duels."

"Who? You'd usually just get rid of the person." Nick said seeming a little amused at my sudden confession. If I wasn't so stressed right then, I'd be laughing at his joke.

"This ones... different." I admitted, "I want to kill him but a small part tells me not to."

"It's a him then." Nick said, "Your Boyfriend."

"I don't have a boyfriend." I stated, he just grunted in response seeming skeptical, "Ugh you'll know what I mean when you see him."

"Drop me a hint." He suggested.

"He has a birthmark." I stated he looked at me raising an eyebrow, "What? That's the best I can come up with." I studied him before adding, "You don't usually speak that much you know."

"I'm worried," he admitted, "You've been staring at the sea for what? 4 hours and you've got this look on your face. It doesn't suit you, you know?"

"What doesn't suit me?"

"Your life style, you've been experiencing many things a normal teen shouldn't even be going through. You may think none of us know but I hear it loud and clear every month on the same day, you'll scream in your sleep. I may not know what you're going through but just know I'm here for you."

"When exactly do I scream at night?" I asked him and he sighed burying his face in his hands.

"Every 21st day of each month." He stated, my skin paled and a date immediately came to mind.

21st May

"Sev? Sev?" Nick asked looking at me worriedly before sighing, "Just know that I'm here when you need me."

"Promise?"

"Promise." Nick gave me a smile he rarely gave before going to check on some of the men.

They were going to return straight away to the gang house right after Nick, Ace and I were dropped off at the island. The leader of each gang must be there to witness the whole thing, he can bring another person with him aside from the participant and he should not bring anybody else to the island.

Someone Ace trust completely will be managing the gang while we were away.

The freezing wind nipped on my skin and I shivered, walking back to my room and closing the door. I curled up into a small ball on my bed, remembering the words they had once told me,