Water

I don't know what draws me more the endless blue waves or the sound of waves crashing against the rocks under me. I always felt a connection with this figureless element, even if it did almost cause my death, three times in total and most likely more to come. I can't help it. I like the dark cold water surrounding my body like a soft blanket, it's the only comfort I get and when I open my eyes I can clearly see myself being engulfed by darkness and see the light blue getting dim. I hear nothing but the sweet melody of the ocean, no fish, no creatures, just me all alone. I don't mind, the sound of the sea is all I need and although my lungs feel as if they're about to bust my heart and mind feel at peace. The ocean if the only place where I feel welcome and the ocean will be my death bed. It calls out to me every time I'm alone and feel down, it is always there when no one is, it is always water and although we poison it, it is pure. Pure as in, it is a soft and needed but it can be hard and dangerous. There is really up to the person and to me it is a safe place. A place where you can enter and scream to your hearts consent and no one can hear you, cry and no one would care, and even die and no one would find you. Water not only provides life but also causes death. Water is water but it's meaning is up to us to determine and for me it is my safety net.