He Was My Forever

Chapter 13
(2 days later)
Rachel's pov:
Finny was finally out of the hospital and on bed rest thank goodness. He's feeling a lot better and I'm glad he's okay . I haven't spoken to Jessie since that night . I'm really embarrassed that I kissed him and I probably shouldn't have . Anyway , I was tucking Finny in bed and getting ready to leave ,

"Okay Love Bug , I'll see you in the morning ." I said .

"Mama ?" He said .

"Yeah?" I said back .

He pulled out the picture of Finn and said ,

"Here , I was going to keep it but I think you should have it ." He said .

I smiled and said ,

"No, you can have it baby . I have so many pictures of him and I want this one to be yours ."

"You sure." He said .

I smiled and put Finns picture over his heart and said,

"No matter what your father is always watching over you so yes it's okay ." I said and kissed his forehead then left the room .

I went down stairs and poured a glass of wine and put on Friends when suddenly there was a knock on my door .

I got up and checked and saw Jessie standing there . I opened the door shocked to see him .

"Jessie , what are you doing here ?" I asked him .

"Oh um, you left your coat in my car and I wanted to give it back to you ." He said .

"You couldn't do it tomorrow ?" I asked him .

"Well honestly I also wanted to come over to check on you , the coat was just an excuse ." He told me .

"I'm okay ." I said .

"How's Finn Jr. doing ?" He asked me .

"He doing great , he's asleep right now ." I said .

"Oh I should go then don't wanna wake him ." He told me .

He was about to leave when I said ,

"Wait!"

He turned around .

"Do you wanna come in for some coffee ?" I asked him.

"Sure ." He said with a smile and came inside .

He took his shoes off and coat and followed me into the kitchen .

"I'm sorry we didn't get to finish our date the other night you know with everything going on it just all happened so fast and I didn't know what to do and..."

"Hey , it's okay ." He said .

We made eye contact and I quickly turned away .

"One sugar or two?" I asked him .

"None for me , I like my coffee black." He said .

"Same here." I said and I handed him the coffee and sat down .

We were silent for a moment and then he noticed something.

"Is that your husband ?" He asked me .

"Oh yeah that's Finn and I in Paris ." I said.

"He looks like Finn ." He said .

"Yeah . Finny is just like his dad . Kind hearted and sweet ." I said .

"If you don't mind me asking , how did you and Finn meet exactly?" He asked me .

I smiled a little ,

"It's a long story." I said .

"I've got time ." He said sipping his coffee .

"Okay , well I was a second year intern and he was my patient . He had a bad heart and was getting heart surgery on it . At first we didn't get along at all he called me Goodie Two Shoes and I called him an arrogant jerk but then we got to know each other and like all couples we fell in love . Like I said before , he was my person , my forever and I have a hard time even talking about him but I know he would want me to be happy . He loved me and Finny even before he was born and now he's gone . He was my forever Jessie , and now he's gone ." I said with a single tear coming down my face .

Jessie put his coffee down walked over to me , got on his knees and took my hands and said ,

"I'm sure Finn was amazing , from the way you talk to him he sounds great . But I really like you Rachel , I like you so much that I just wanna kiss you but if you're not ready for this then I'll wait ." He said .

I smiled and said ,

"You're amazing Jessie St. James ."

And suddenly but slowly he leaned in and kissed me passionately .