Chapter 7: Mythology

Star 

"Hey are you deaf?" I pant in the doorway.
I hear the mundane sound of paper on paper and I groan. Quickly, I scurry around the arm chairs towards the golden fire to see Eclipsa or whatever reading a freaking newspaper. It doesn't have any words, a subtitle reminder I'm dreaming.
"Star." She mumbles. "How nice to see you."
"Yeah it's a pleasure here too, pal." I snap.
"It's Eclipsa, by the way." She sighs as she turns the page again. "My name, that is."
Did I even say her name out loud? "Anyways you're magic right?"
"The hand of completely darkness didn't tip that off or anything?" Her voice is lathered with sarcasm.
My blue eyes meet her pink ones. "Very nice. Anyways, I need a spell to-"
"Kill a siren, was it?"
"And here I thought you weren't listening."
"I'm always listening."
"Creepy." I admit. Then I shake my head. "So the spell. Do you know one?"
"Yes I do." She says as she closes her newspaper. We share a moment, then another moment. And then I realize I'm going to have to prompt further information.
"And that spell would be...?"
"What do you know about sirens?"
"They're sea whores who charm men into killing themselves."
"Close." She admits. "They are of Greek origins. One of their first appearances was in The Odyssey the first real epic love story. A man, ten years to war and ten years back, then he fights off suitor for the hand of his love."
"Adorable." I say monotone.
"Sirens lived by rocky shores and call to sailors passing by. So overcome with emotions of passion, they would jump their ships and swim to her, drowning in the process. Or their ships would break upon the rocky shores."
"Fascinating." I lean back into a leather chair.
"Odysseus was the first man to ever hear a siren's song and not die in her grasps. He actually had his shipmates fasten him to the mast while they wore bees wax in their ears so they could abstain from her call. He begged them to let him go, to untie him. But they didn't. And later, Odysseus was reunited with he true love, not the sea whore you speak of."
"What does this have to do with anything?" I sit up slowly.
"Even after the song is sung, Odysseus still cried out for the siren. Would you be able to deal with Marco's broken heart until the time catches up and reality overtakes him?"
"No I-" I stop myself and stand up. "How do you know about Marco?"
"Hm?" She raises her eyebrows.
"I never said why I needed to kill a siren. I never even mentioned him before."
"Oh please girly I'm in your dreams. I see plenty of the man you so desperately desire." 
I sit back down warily as she giggles a little to herself.
I change the subject. "So this spell?"
"What makes you so sure this is a siren?"
"You're in my head. You can tell."
"No I'm in your dreams, biscuit. There's a slight but noticeable difference."
"Oh well..." I relay everything. From the fact she looks like a mermaid to Marco's strange behavior to her eating my wontons. No one eats my wontons.
"What's a wonton?" Is all she says.
"Not the point." I shake my head, upset that they're all probably eaten by now. "So do you think...?"
"She's a siren?" She nods. "Absolutely, child. The evidence is irrefutable."
"So what now?"
"Now you make a choice." For the first time, the lady uses her damn legs and walks over to the fire. Her dress lands rift above a pair of boots. I join her by the golden flames. "You can either just separate Marco form this Jackie girl, abstaining any emotion he might have towards her. Or you can kill the monster, and deal with Marco's misery for who knows how long."
"Can I do both?"
"What separate his emotions than kill her? Seems a bit redundant for your desired outcome, doesn't it."
"Well if she is a siren, I don't want her to hurt anyone else."
"I see." Eclipse eyes me from around a half a foot up. She's taller than me, but that might just me the heels on her boots. "Well the first of the spells is simple. To separate Marco just say the Mewniman word for "to separate'."
"Ans Saxtier?" I say.
She nods slowly. "The second is trickier. It's greek, as it was developed by a Mewniman who lived on earth thousands of years ago."
I nod and urge her to continue.
"The spell is Na Serina Katastrepsoun."
"Na Ser-ee-na Kat-a-strïp-soon." I repeat.
"Close enough." Eclipsa giggles. "Oh one other thing. That Siren Slayer spell has a big punch, so you better do it in the open."
"And if Jackie's not a siren and I'm just being paranoid?"
She thinks for a second. "The spell won't harm her, but distrust might ensue."
"Okay." I nod as I turn to leave. "Thanks."
"One more thing." She grabs my wrist and some darkness cracks it's way down onto my skin. "You need a lot of power to preform this magic. Care if I help?"
"You want to give me more magic?" I raise a eyebrow.
"I do." She nods. "I want to teach you anything and everything. I see bright things in your future, Star. I do."
"Thanks?" I question. She smiles, then shoves my hand into the freaking fire. I scream as my skin boils and suddenly I'm awake in my bed, throwing off my covers. I pull the hair from my mouth and flip it back over my headband. I look at my hands to see nothing by a faint yellow glow.
Cool.
I turn them over to see identical black marks on both my wrists. They look like they're symmetrical, they are weird and jagged and almost look like a badly drawn B. Slowly, I put them together to see what reminds me over a butterfly. Sorta like an ink blot test.
Weird.
Anyways, as I exit my room I throw on a sweatshirt to hide the marks and lean over the railing to see everyone chatting away around a table of unearthed food.
"Oh hey Star!" Kai calls with a wave. "We were waiting for you to start eating."
"Yeah I'm starving." Jackie says.
"What you already ate like half of the dinner." Marco exclaims with a smile on his face.
I narrow my eyes as I descend the stairs.
"I'm gonna save you from her." I mutter to myself as I approach the table. "I promise."

GUYS FOR ALL OF S1 I TOTALLY THOUGHT JACKIE WAS A SIREN. I STILL THINK THAT TBH. THAT WOULDVE BEEN BETTER. OR AT LEAST A MERMAID. CMON DISNEY STEP UP YOUR MYTHOLOGICAL GAME!!!
YEP IM WEIRD
WOLFIE