Chapter 3

Before Melascula can eat Jem's ' soul, she is summarily killed by Ban, Estarossa believes that Melascula deserved to die for daring to try and eat his brother's soul, and even thanks the human before admitting that he was about to kill her anyway. He then proceeds to destroy each of Jem's seven hearts, as Ban tries to stop him in vain. He cries as he kills Jem, and obliterates Ban for being too noisy. When the deed is done, Estarossa declares Britannia at the Demon Clan's mercy, and the Ten Commandments set out again, to solidify their conquest.

After one month of uncontested reign, Estarossa, Grayroad, Fraudrin and Mej are confronted by several Holy Knights and Ban, while trying to conquer Liones Castle. Revealing the effect of his Commandment and rendering all his opponents powerless, he is surprised when Escanor suddenly appears unaffected. Escanor states it because the only thing he feels towards those weaker than him is pity, and Estarossa comments on the arrogance of that remark, as they stare each other down.

When Estarossa realizes that Escanor must have been the one to defeat Galand. Escanor tells him not to hate him, as it would ruin the fight if he was powerless. As they share a good-natured laugh over Escanor's concern, Estarossa suddenly uppercuts him and then punches him into the ground, then kicks him back to the surface. He moves in for another attack put sees the visage of the Sun and suddenly blocks one of Escanor's attacks. Though at first he seems fine, he momentarily becomes dizzy and falls to his knees. Estarossa, becomes excited at the prospect of a real fight, but Escanor calls his statement presumptuous and brings Rhitta down for an attack, only for it to rebound back to him. Estarossa explains his power, Full Counter and the two exchange names, in preparation to kill one another. Escanor then decides to fight seriously as well, and materializes a miniature sun.
After confirming the location of a nearby lake with Ban, Escanor bunts Estarossa away, crashes him into the lake, and vaporizes it in an instant. Estaorssa survives, thanks to his darkness, and quickly heals his wounds. When they both decide to end things quickly, Estarossa wraps Escanor's Cruel Sun in the darkness of his Blackout technique and charges, they clash, and again Escanor's attack is rebounded at him. Estarossa states that his magic is superior because he can block out Escanor's sun, and Full Counter makes all physical attacks useless, assumes that he has won.

But then suddenly Escanor slashes his chest with an attack he could not see, and his sun dispells the darkness. Estarossa doesn't understand why Escanor's power is increasing, and Escanor tells him the only one who makes decision about his power, is him. He then commands Estarossa to die, and unleashes a furious attack. Mej attempts to aid his brother, but both of them are sent flying off into the distance.