t o x i c

A few months went by and my new place finally felt like an idea of home. We didn't set our plan to work at a strip club into motion, yet. My feelings scattered all over the place. I didn't miss my family and I had no intentions of ever calling them. Jocelyn was supportive of my decision. She understood the fact that I was unattached to them, but so many others didn't. I always kept my business private, and never vented to the public or social media. All I ever strived for was making it to the next day.
    April came and I wasn't as clustered with paperwork assigned from the dealership as I normally was. On my day off, I wanted to go swimming with my girl friend, Sabrina. I drove to a local gas station where she said she was at and quickly spotted her Mercedes Benz. I parked by it. She turned around and gave me a look of frustration before saying anything.

    She asked, "What took you so long? I rolled up two joints while waiting for you."

    "It was ten minutes. You're lucky I even showed up," I muttered.

    She lit up one of the joints, already irritated. I wasn't in love with her, but I cared enough to deal with her misery. She left her car there and got into mine. She changed her attitude in a matter of seconds and embraced me.

    "I guess you're right

    "I guess you're right. Just smoke this with me," she said.

    So I did. I put my roadster into gear and drove towards a nearby lake. I was starting to feel the uncomfortable sensation of heat that the scorching sun was producing and dying to jump into the water.

 I was starting to feel the uncomfortable sensation of heat that the scorching sun was producing and dying to jump into the water

    We were at the lake until sunset. When we got back into town we decided to take a shower together at her place and smoke the joint she saved afterwards. The day was over, but the night was coming after me.
    I let my hair air-dry and threw on a white blouse with burgundy colored sweat pants. I was exhausted and didn't want do my makeup. All I wanted to do was hotbox my car and drift away from reality.

    "We need to go get my car. Ugh! We almost forgot about it," she said.

    I laughed and responded, "We can go get it after we come back to our senses. There's no way I'm driving this high."