Chapter Two 二

"Shifu!" The voice of a young boy angrily burst through the door. His silver, conspicuous hair that was neatly tied above his head had come undone, as a result of his rapid pace.

Li Jianyu peacefully sipped his tea, not bothered at the sudden intrusion of the young boy. Seeing this, the boy grew angrier and called out for his teacher again.

"Shifu!" The boy's beautiful face had contorted to an angry expression. He sat down without asking for permission and banged his small fists on the table. The teacup in Li Jianyu's hand shook but he continued to be as tranquil as the sea. His unbothered nature made the young boy realize that he was the only one who was pressed about the issue at hand.

"Zixin, I didn't know I had such a rude disciple that didn't even bother to greet me properly." Li Jianyu only spoke when he saw the young boy had calmed down. His temper tantrum hadn't worked, so he had quieted down after a couple of minutes. The only sound that remained was the angry breathing coming from Zixin.

"Shifu..." As much as Zixin wanted to begin his complaint as soon as possible, he couldn't disrespect his teacher and elder. He stood up and properly greeted his teacher and patiently waited until he was given a signal to sit down.

"Disciple is sorry." He muttered, his head bowed. He had lost his cool and acted so outrageously. What if his teacher didn't want him as a student anymore?

Li Jianyu waved his hand nonchalantly to dismiss his earlier behavior. He called for a servant to bring an extra cup for tea. He hadn't had another one since he didn't anticipate a guest, nonetheless his own student to burst in with such fervor.

A couple of minutes later, the servant had brought the extra teacup and poured Zixin some tea. The calming aroma of the herbal tea helped calm down the young boy even further and he sighed.

"Now, mind explaining to me why you appeared with such anger?" When Li Jianyu uttered that question, Zixin's calmed eyes filled with anger.

"Shifu! This disciple has heard that you have chosen another student!" Li Jianyu stopped midway of lifting his cup to drink some more tea. His cool eyes shifted to his angry disciple who continued to rant. "Shifu! This disciple isn't angry at getting a fellow student, but angry at who you have chosen!"

Li Jianyu realized that the rumors had already been spread far and wide despite only having been a week since that day where she agreed to be his student. Speaking of that day, he had seen the numerous emotions filter through her face. She seemed hesitant and full of disbelief, not that he could blame her. He didn't know what she had experienced, but he truly wanted her to be his student. It might've started as pity since she was so young and had ended up to be blind, but she had proven herself worthy with her capability.

Ever since that day, he hadn't done anything to see if she was impatient and seek him first. To his expectations, the clever girl had done her usually business and hadn't come to bother him about the matters of being his student. She had easily adapted to doing very minor chores, such as sweeping the areas that his servants had guided her to sweep. She hadn't complained nor asked for anything extra. She just quietly went on with her business and he noticed how she hoped that he forgot his proposition of wanting to make her a student. He knew why she was afraid to commit, but he wanted to help her.

"And why are you angry at who I have chosen?" He coldly asked, sending a shiver running down his student's spine.

Zixin cleared his throat and said, "Shifu, the rumors say that she's an unknown child who is blind!" The young boy emphasized the last word like it was a curse. "How could shifu lower himself to do charity work? Shifu is—"

"I know who I chose." Li Jianyu coldly interrupted. "And I chose her for a reason." Zixin frowned. He couldn't believe that his master, who abstained from everything, had chosen to take another disciple other than him who was practically useless!