Chapter Four 四

I lost her!?

He began to panic.

He fervently looked around but his worry ceased when he realized that she could finally disappear.

For good.

And wouldn't need to bother him or his shifu again.

That silver tael would be equivalent to one thousand copper coins. For a peasant like her, it would be enough for food and possibly over a month at the cheapest inn until she finds a job.

He didn't need to feel guilty since she was trying to cozy up to his defenseless teacher first!

Zixin smiled at his intelligence and walked towards the forest. Two hours later, he was in the middle of the forest and remembered that it had taken him a long time to get to the village because she was slowing him down. With his usual speed not restricted, he could reach his shifu's home at ease.

He hummed and walked further until he stopped. His silver head turned around and he was in deep thought.

But what if she ends up in trouble?

She was already troublesome enough with him. But alone? He couldn't even imagine what she would do.

It's fine! But his feet wouldn't move forward.

In the end, he sighed and turned around, sprinting back to the village. What took him two hours, took him one hour to get back to the village. He was sweating and noticed that people had dissipated since the rush earlier. The sun was shining and he knew that he had plenty of time to find her.

Thirty minutes later, he went around but still couldn't find her. Zixin's earlier panic returned when hours later, he was still dashing around and couldn't find her.

Where is that stupid girl?

He asked around if anyone had seen a petite, blind girl but none of the store owners nor stalls could help him.

In the end, hours later, he was still looking for her and the sun was about to set. He glanced at the darkening sky with a sigh. What if he went back to his teacher and requested for his help?

No, his teacher would be very angry at him. Although he feared his teacher's anger, he would be angry at himself for not being able to solve his own problems. He also wanted to find the girl to give her a scolding for letting go of his hand and getting caught in this predicament.

The time was nearly the end of you shi, and they had set out very early in the morning. If he didn't find her, his worried teacher would end up coming either way. Then he would get an earful for not going back to explain and for staying out this late himself. Although he had the basics and foundations of martial arts, he was in no way peak condition to fight off anyone after wasting so much energy to look for the girl.

He looked around a bit longer and finally resigned, giving up. He couldn't find her and needed to go find his teacher. Although it was shameful to ask for help for such a trivial task, he needed to find the girl. He had gone to the outskirts of the town and as he walked back, it was very quiet since everyone was already at home or had left the market.

A couple of people glanced in his direction but didn't bother with him. The night sky was starless and he felt somewhat cold. Zixin decided to take a shortcut through a narrow road to go back sooner.

As he walked through the shortcut, he noticed a small ball huddled on the ground. Curiously, he poked the ball and saw it shuffle. He poked it again and the ball raised its head! He was startled to find a very wounded Ying Yun looking blankly at him.