Shawarma

Talullah's POV
"Talullah Clarke, 9 years old, and still not adopted" The agency lady told me as she went through my file.
I uncomfortably shifted in my seat because I didn't like when people like her read my file. It was just a constant reminder that no one wanted me.
"You know once you turn 15 you'll go to a group home right? Is that what you want"
I tuned her out because I honestly didn't feel like hearing her ramble on about how I'm the only one who's been here the longest and I need to make a good impression on the families that come in every week.
After I was done listening to the lady, I went back to my room and started to pack my backpack for the day. Usually around lunch I would go out to the shawarma place around the corner.
I packed my sketchbook, pencil, and camera, hoping to get some city shots on my way over.
Someone barged into the room and I jumped at the sound of the door hitting the wall.
"What the fuck are you doing" a boy named Collin asked me. He was a bully who constantly picked on me for being a "freak".
"None of your business Collin" I said rudely as I continued what I was doing.
"Your not planning on running away are you?" He asked as he walked up to me. The small amount of fear I had was starting to grow as he got closer, Collin was older than me, stronger too, so I was scared.
"Get away from me and mind your own business you prick!" I yelled in his face.
Then the door slammed and we both saw Ms Tanner, the homes head mistress standing in the door way.
"Talullah I will not hear such language from you, and Collin what are you doing in here?" She asked him frowning in disappointment.
"She was going out!" Collin said pointing at me.
That little bastard told on me. We weren't supposed to leave the house without an adult with us but I didn't care because I always did it anyway.
"Thank you for telling me Collin", Ms Tanner said as Collin ran out and laughed knowing he got me in trouble.
I then tuned her out as she gave me a lecture on how I need more discipline and decorum. After she finally finished and left the room I opened the window and snuck out, because there was no way I was staying there for lunch.

AVENGERS TOWER
Tony's POV
Today was boring. Mostly because there was really nothing to do other than be down in the workshop making modifications on the Mark 47. I hadn't slept the previous night so in addition to being bored I was also in an irritated mood.
Everyone else was upstairs watching tv and playing video games. But I didn't really feel like doing that.
All of a sudden I heard the door to the workshop open and there stood Steve Rogers Mr Freedom himself.
"Thought I'd bring you this, since I know you haven't eaten yet" he said as he walked over and handed me a plate of eggs, bacon, and potatoes.
"Thanks Capsical but I don't need it, plus isn't it lunch time?"
"Yeah I guess it is," Steve said looking confusingly at his watch, "do you want a sandwich or something?"
I looked down at my stomach, which I know was begging for me to put food into.
"I guess we could, wanna hit the shawarma joint?" I asked, not expecting Steve to want to come with me.
"Sure!" He said with enthusiasm as he smiled at me. Damn if looks could kill...

Steve's POV
I didn't expect Tony to want to go out to eat with me, it's not like it was a date or anything but I felt nervous, like as f it was a date.
I shook that thought out of my head and went back upstairs to grab my jacket and shoes.
"Did you finally ask Tony out Cap?" Natasha said as she walked up to me with 2 of Thor's pop tarts in her hands.
"Uh...no Nat, please keep your voice down" I said worryingly as I shushed her.
No one else but Nat knew I was gay. It was a new thing that was, apparently in the 21st century, accepted in society. But just because people accepted it didn't mean I wanted the team finding out, especially Tony.
"Welp you got to do it sometime," Nat said.
All of a sudden a booming voice echoed out from the kitchen.
"WHO TOOK THE LAST POP TARTS?!!!"
It was Thor of course.
"Shit shit shit" Nat said as she ran away from Thor still with both pop tarts in hand.
"YOU WILL RECIVE THE WRATH OF THOR IF YOU DO NOT BRING ME MY TARTS RIGHT NOW!!" Thor yelled as he chased Nat around the living room.
Now everyone was yelling, Bruce was sitting on the couch trying not to freak out, Clint was helping Nat steal Thor's pop tarts, and Bucky and Sam were running around trying to get Thor to stop chasing after Nat and Clint.
Then the door from downstairs opened and Tony walked out into the mess of Avengers.
"What the actual fuck is going on?" He asked me.
"Language Tony, and I honestly don't know" I replied looking at him.
"Don't correct me Stars and Stripes" He said as he grabbed his sunglasses and leather jacket from the coat hanger in the hall.
We then headed out to the shawarma place Tony liked so much.

Talullah's POV
When I walked into the small restaurant I could already tell it was a slow day compared to other days I came in.
I went up to the counter and ordered my food, the smell of shawarma filling my nose and making my stomach growl.
After I got my food I sat down at a table and started eating. Shawarma was like my favorite food in the entire world. So whenever I could have it, I always ate every bit of it.
While I was eating I took out my sketch book out and started to draw. I drew small sketches of the blue butterflies I saw in my dreams at night.
I then turned around to see two men walk into the restaurant. One was tall with blonde hair and blue eyes, he looked like he'd been in the army. The other was was a bit shorter, he had brown hair and brown eyes...and something glowing on his chest.
I looked away so I wouldn't get caught staring. That thing in the mans chest had to be an arc reactor, that could only mean that the man was Tony Stark!
I'd seen him before in the news, he was the one who helped save New York when it was being taken over by aliens. That also could mean the other man with him was Captain America, the man who was frozen in ice for 70 years.
Today was getting interesting.

Tony's POV
We walked into the shawarma place, and there wasn't many people in except for a little girl at a table. She looked pretty young, too young to be here alone. I didn't think any more about it seeing as she wasn't my problem.
"Tony? What do you want, I'll pay" Steve said as he pulled out his wallet.
" Steve you don't have to pay, I got it" I said to him as I pushed his wallet down and ordered for the both of us.
"You didn't have to do that", he said as he smirked at me.
"Eh I'm feeling generous today" I said as I laughed a bit to him.
All of a sudden I was feeling someone's stare on me, so I turned around to see the little girl looking at me with inquiry. She quickly looked away and went back to what looked like a drawing.
After we got our food we sat down and started eating. I kept finding myself looking at the girl, who couldn't have been older than 10 sitting alone at the table.
"You ok Stark?" Steve asked as he looked at me with concern.
"Yea Cap, I'm good" I replied as I looked at the girl again and then looked back at Steve.
As we were getting ready to leave I looked at the little girl again, and to my surprise she was asleep. She had her head down on the table and looked really peaceful.
"Tony what is it?" Steve asked this time his eyes looking at what I was looking at.
"I just, this whole time we've been here not one adult has come for her yet, she's all alone." I said as I walked up to her.
I leaned down to make sure she was ok, of course she was but I was just making sure.
"Tony look!" Steve gasped as he came closer.
I looked up and saw, four small blue butterflies circling around the girl.
"What the hell..?" I asked confusingly.
This was something I'd never seen before. It was like her dreams were being projected into real life.
Before Steve and I could marvel at the sight any longer a lady ran up to us and pushed us away. The butterflies disappeared and the girl woke up.

Talullah's POV
Pure bliss. That's what my dream was. Until damn Ms Tanner woke me up.
"Talullah what are you doing here?!!!" She yelled at me as I brought my head up.
I looked over and saw the two men from earlier standing behind her.
"I was just eating..." I said sadly.
I knew this was the end of my lunches here after today.
"You are not allowed to leave! Ever! How hard is that for you to understand?!" She yelled.
"Ma'm? Excuse me but are you the girls mother?" The blond one said as he looked at her then down at me.
"No," she replied," I'm the head mistress at The Institution for Lost Children"
Both men looked down at me and I looked away and started to pack my things.
"So is she..." the blonde one started to say then Ms Tanner spoke over him and said
"Yes sir she is an orphan, but this ones dangerous and I'm glad I found her before anyone else did, now if you'll excuse me we are leaving gentlemen"
Then she yanked me up by my arm and we went outside to wait for a cab.
I then saw the two men walk out and get in their car. Right then and there I decided to do something that would possibly get me in a lot of trouble.
If a family didn't want me. Then I would have to find my own family.

HEYO EVERYONE!
Thank you so much for reading. I know this chapters a bit long but I wanted to set up the story and characters early on. Leave a vote and follow me if you aren't already! There will be more to come soon!
Mia🦋💙