Chapter IV

Zabuza rammed his giant butcher knife through the center of Naruto's chest, watching in satisfaction as it tore out his insides from the back. However, that satisfaction quickly turned soured as the body he had been hoisting up turned into water.

"Yanagi no Mai(Dance of the Willows)!"

Naruto suddenly came into view from the former Kiri-nin' blindspot, and engaged the man in close quarters combat; much to the grimace of Zabuza. His own blade was far too large to use in such little space that his opponent was giving him. His adversary on the other hand was well suited for this style of combat as several bones were now protruding from his body.

The Kaguya used every part of his body as he kept dancing around his opponent, cutting him up whenever he got close. It was mostly the two on his palms that were causing the most damage but it was the two on his knee's that were the hardest to fend off since they could immobilize an opponent.

Zabuza jumped back and quickly inspected himself. His blade had mostly acted as a shield, taking the brunt of the blows, but his lower body hadn't had such a luxury. There was a series of gashes all spread over his lower body. If he didn't do something and quick, then he would be a sitting duck once his legs stopped responding.

He glared at the hunter-nin. "You have some nerve to call me a traitor!" he spat, remembering his words clearly. "When you yourself are one as well. Turning your back on people who have the same gifts as you. Not doing anything for them as they get slaughtered everyday while you continue to fight for a madman! So tell me. Who's a bigger traitor, me or you?"

Naruto didn't answer. He didn't answer because he didn't have one. He was a loyal shinobi of his village, but deep down he knew the man in front of him had a point. These things should have never happened in the first place, yet why did Yagura allow them to? He needed answers himself.

"No answer huh." sneered Zabuza. "Typical of a Kaguya. All you care about is the battle. Especially coming from the butcher of his kin."

The hunter-nin frowned at the insinuation of his clan, regardless of the fact it was true. Only he could make such remarks since they are – or were – his family.

"Kirigakure no Jutsu(Hiding in Mist Technique)"

Unique emerald-green eyes carefully watched as the mist began to come in from the ocean and surround him; along with the bridge. He didn't know why the wielder of the Kubikiribōchō was even using this technique since he knew how to counter it. All he had to do was remain absolutely still – to the point he was only inhaling the barest amount of oxygen – and silent.

'If he knows this, then why does he still use it?'This told the hunter-nin that there must be another reason for using it.

The mist had settled in by this point and neither man could see more than a few centimeters in front of them.

"Tell me, Naruto..." Zabuza's voice rang throughout the mist. The hunter-nin wasn't surprised the man knew his name. He was one of only two Kaguya alive in existence and since the man saw him use his bones earlier, he should have put two and two together. "Why does someone as strong as you follow Yagura? Especially when he allows the his civilians and non-bloodline ninja to persecute those who do."

He didn't rise to the bait and remained silent.

"And don't tell me it's because it was your job. We both know that's a load of bullshit." His voice was now coming from the left. "So tell me young Kaguya. Why do you continue to follow orders even though you know they're wrong?"

Still he remained quiet.

"Not gonna talk huh. That's fine." replied the man. "You just remain where you are and listen. I have another thing to ask you."