I Never Should Have Left You- Chapter 4: A Reunion for the Wrong Reasons

Hiya! GalacticSpace13 is back for Chapter 4! I hope you guys are enjoying reading this story as much as I'm enjoying writing it!

MY EXAMS ARE OVER! I know it seems really quick, but I've been doing around 3 exams a day, so they go by a lot quicker! I can finally relax! YEAH!!!

Anyways, Chapter 4! Let's go!

I Never Should Have Left You- Chapter 4: A Reunion for the Wrong Reasons

Ash ran onto his plane, Pikachu right beside him. "Pika, pika, pika, pika..."

Noticing his partner's worried expression, Ash stroked Pikachu's tail. "Don't worry, buddy. I'm sure Serena isn't in any danger. She's gonna be fine!"

Pikachu looked reassured and nuzzled his trainer's hand. Ash smiled, and looked out of his window as Kanto faded out of view. His smile was replaced by a frown. Though he might have told Pikachu he was confident Serena would make a full recovery, he wasn't so sure. He didn't want to worry his partner, so he tried to keep a fake smile the whole flight.

Not a moment too soon for Ash, the plane landed in Lumiose City. Stepping off the plane, Ash saw two lemon-haired siblings waving at him. Waving back, Ash ran towards his friends. "Clemont, Bonnie! It's nice to see you guys again. Though, I guess it's not for the best reasons..."

Bonnie nodded, and a tear ran down her face. Ash noticed, and looked at Clemont for an explanation. "She's- Serena's not... worse... is she?"

Clemont nodded, looking very serious. "The hospital says she should have woken up by now. To be frank, they're very confused as to why she hasn't. Braixen, Sylveon, Pancham and Grace are all there now. It's- it's not looking good."

Ash gasped, and lowered his eyes. Hiding his face from his two friends, tears fell down his own face. Despite his best efforts to hide them, Clemont noticed his friend's emotions, as well as his sisters. Gulping, Clemont led them both from the airport, and to the Lumiose Hospital.

20 minutes later, Ash was seated next to a seemingly sleeping Serena. Ash wouldn't have been as worried, if it wasn't for the tubes and wires attached to Serena, which were attached to machines. Looking over his friend, Ash saw the only other member of the party awake, Pancham. "Hey, Pancham, don't worry. She's gonna be okay. Clemont says the hospital has never failed yet."

"Pancham. Cham, cham, pan..."

Ash shook his head. "No, Pancham. This wasn't your fault. No one in here blames you for this, and when Serena wakes up, neither will she."

Pancham looked significantly happier, and settled down in his chair. Presently, his eyes closed, and Ash could tell the Playful Pokémon had fallen asleep, leaving Ash the only one awake. He gazed at Serena, willing her to open her eyes right there and then. But they didn't. Ash couldn't see those sapphire eyes. He sighed. Suddenly, a beeping filled the air, and Ash felt a vibration coming from his pocket. Pulling out his communicator, he saw a familiar purple-haired girl on the screen. 'Hey, Maddie. How's things? Did your sister evolve her Eevee?"

Maddie nodded excitedly. "Yep! Now we've got an Umbreon in the family! The only Eeveelution we're missing is a Sylveon!"

Ash smiled at his friend's excited manner. However, Maddie could tell something wasn't quite right. 'Hey, Ash? Are you alright? You seem, I don't know, kinda distracted."

Ash gave Maddie a sad smile. "I'm in Kalos. My friend is in a coma. She's a Pokémon Performer, and one of her combos didn't quite go to plan..."

Maddie gasped. "Oh my gosh, Ash! I'm so sorry! But actually, my family is coming out to Kalos in a couple of days. It's where my dad is originally from, and Pearl- that's my little sister- is the only one who hasn't been there yet. So, we're coming out there soon! Would be okay if I came and saw you?"

Ash smiled at his friend. "Maddie, that'd be great! I'll be in the Lumiose Hospital. I'll see you then."

Maddie grinned, and her face slid out of view. Feeling much happier, Ash looked out of Serena's hospital room window. The sun was just rising, illuminating Prism Tower in a pink glow. Ash shifted his glance back to Serena. Although he could have just been imagining it, Ash swore he saw a ghost of Serena's bright smile.

So, Maddie will return! At first, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with her, but she's such a fun girl, I couldn't leave her! See ya'll next time!

Peace out, girl scouts

-GalacticSpace13