I Never Should Have Left You- Chapter 21: Believe in Me, and Yourself

So, I wasn't sure if I should do another chapter, but I thought; why the heck not?

Onwards!

I Never Should Have Left You- Chapter 21: Believe in Me, and Yourself

1 Year Later...

Serena sighed, before turning to her partners. Braixen looked worried, Pancham looked guilty and Sylveon looked upset. Serena smiled at her three Pokémon, before crouching down to their level.

"Pancham..."

"Sylvee? Veon..."

"Braixen, Brai. Braix, Braixen, Xen."

Serena gave all of them reassuring smiles; "Don't worry. It's not gonna happen again. We've practiced so hard for tomorrow; we can't back out now because of something that happened in the past. Sylveon, imagine if you had given up after your first debut. We wouldn't be here without you."

Sylveon perked up, and smiled, before nuzzling her trainer happily. Braixen and Pancham still looked worried, and Pancham opened his mouth, as if to say something. Before he could, Serena took the panda cub into her arms and hugged him tightly, before turning to her fire type starter, and embracing her.

"Cham!"

"Braix!"

Serena smiled, feeling tears in her eyes. "Remember after the first showcase? Down by the boats? We were at our lowest then. But we didn't give up. We picked ourselves up, and we came back stronger. Much stronger. We can do it again. Braixen, your branch?"

Braixen nodded, and pulled out her branch from her fluffy tail, before holding it out in front of them. The red bow still was tied proudly at the top, signifying the promise that Serena and Braixen had made together. Serena smiled and nodded, before placing her hand on the branch. Pancham stood on tip-toe and placed his paw, before one of Sylveon's feelers joined them.

"Ready to win?"

"Braixen, Brai!"

"Cham Cham!"

"Veon!"

Serena laughed, her eyes shining. "Then let's go out there, and show everyone who we are!"

From the corner of the field, Ash watched as his girlfriend and her Pokémon laughed together, all full of determination. He would be lying if he had said that he wasn't nervous for her. He was. But after hearing her confidence in herself, something that Ash hadn't heard since she had woken up, his heart was filled with faith for her. As Ash stood there, lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice Serena walking over to him, until she took his hand; "Everything alright?"

Ash smiled, and nodded. "Yep. You know you're gonna do great out there tomorrow. Aria will have to stand down, cause you're gonna win!"

Serena laughed. "I think you're more confident than I am!"

Ash laughed, but felt guilty. He hadn't felt confident in her before, just remembering the sadness of her last failure. Serena saw the look on his face, and squeezed his hand.

"Ash, I'm not gonna be mad at you for being concerned. I'd be lying if I said I'm scared. I am. But, travelling with you... I think I've learnt two important lessons."

Ash stared at her in wonder, wondering what he, and not her performances, could have taught her. Serena saw his confusion, and continued. "One. When faced with a challenge, don't run away. Face up to it. You know all too well that I've had setbacks in my life as a Performer. But, you taught me to deal with my problems, not run from them."

Ash scratched under his nose, blushing furiously. Serena saw, and smiled, before continuing. 

"And the second one... Don't give up until it's over!"

Ash laughed, and pulled his girlfriend in for a hug. "I love you, Serena."

Serena pulled back, before grinning at him. "I know you better."

Ash laughed, before being cut off by Serena's lips. By the sunset, they kissed, before Ash pulled away, leaning his forehead on Serena's. Serena smiled. "Believe in me... and yourself."

I know it's a little shorter than usual, but next chapter is gonna be looooonnnng. See you then!

Peace out, girl scouts

-GalacticSpace13