Chapter 1

"Hello?" you mumble.

"Good Morning, beautiful," a deep voice says sweetly.

"Ugh, Tyler you woke me up," you say as you roll over and look at your clock. The red light glows showing that it's 9:05 AM. Normally you would be awake already, but it's Saturday and you were excited to sleep in.

"I can tell," Tyler says with a laugh. "You sound sexy when you just wake up."

"What do you want from me at 9 in the morning?" you plead.

"I was wondering if I could come over tonight after the game? I haven't seen you in a while," he says suggestively.

"Are you hitting on me?" you question.

"Never," he states sarcastically.

You rub your eyes and sit up casually combing your hair with your fingers. "Is that seriously why you called?"

"Yes, I miss you," he says quietly.

"You know you can come over whenever you want. There is plenty of room for you here. I'm assuming you want to stay over? It will be pretty late by the time you get here."

"Yeah, that would be amazing," he answers.

"Just text me when you're on your way, okay?"

"Sounds good. I'll talk to you later."

You press end on your phone and plop back down in bed. You pull the blanket up and nuzzle your face against it. Of course, now you were wide awake. You were excited to see Tyler tonight. It had been a few weeks since you last saw him, and you haven't had some serious one on one time with him in a bit.

The two of you have been friends for about 3 years. You met Tyler at a bar and it started out with him trying to take you home. You knew exactly who he was when you saw him, and you really admired him as an athlete. Hockey is one of your favorite sports to follow, and the Stars are obviously your team with you being from Texas. Your knowledge of the game really surprised Tyler, and you ended up spending the night with him talking strategy. He gave you his number and you guys have been friends ever since. A few drunk nights almost ended with the two of you being more than just friends, but for the most part, you had a very platonic relationship.

After waking up a bit, you realized that Tyler sounded a bit different on the phone. He was flirty like normal, but when you called him out on it, he sounded a little embarrassed. You weren't sure if you were just making things up, or if there was actually something there. You brushed it off and decided to go back to sleep.

****
Evening rolls around, and you are getting more and more excited to see Tyler. You bought some food for the apartment to have on hand for when he comes over starving after the game. You settle in on the couch with a book and get ready to watch the game.

The game ends with the guys winning 4-3. It was a fun game, and Tyler scored twice. Your phone buzzes and you look down at a text from Ty.

"Hey sweet cheeks, I'm headed over. Do you need me to pick anything up?"

You respond with, "Nope, I picked up some frozen pizza and snacks for you. I'll put the pizza in the oven now?"

"This is why you are my favorite person. See you soon." The text ended with a kissy face emoji and you can't help but smile at his silliness. You preheat the oven, and do some dishes while you wait. Just as you finish up, the oven beeps letting you know that it has finally reached 420 degrees. You stick the pizza in the oven, and your motivation to clean continues. You wipe down the counters and the breakfast bar, and you decide to throw a load of laundry in before Tyler shows up. You hear the front door creak open as you're bringing the laundry basket down the stairs.