10

The next day...

"Eve!" Adi screeched "Eve!" She repeated. I abruptly awaken from my sleep.

"What happened?" I exclaimed alarmed.

"Nothing but you need to get up now!" She whined.

"Why?" I asked as I turned away from Adi and buried my head under my pillow in annoyance. This girl could never just leave me alone.

"I want to see Josef!" She whinged.

"You saw him yesterday" I sighed exasperatedly "go away" I added.

"I want to see him again!" She exclaimed, acting as if she wasn't going to see her Prince Charming in three days.

"Well I want to sleep now get lost" I muttered, replying.

"Mooooommm" she wailed "eves being a bully" she added, huffing dramatically as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Oh Eve stop picking on your sister and get up" Mom called out. I grumble irritably and pull the duvet off my body, throwing my legs off the bed. I look at Adi bitterly and she simply smirks. I ascend towards my suitcase and bend down to pull my clothes out. San Francisco was scorching today. Actually Cali in general was scorching today but...then again when wasn't it?

I moodily enter the bathroom, toiletry bag tight in my grasp as I locked the loo door, placing my bag onto the granite counter, turning on some relaxing meditation music. I strip myself of any clothing and step into the shower, jets of water raining down on me as clouds of steam rise into the air. I take a sharp intake of breath and exhale as I stood, still and rooted under the shower. I pull my hair out of its tight ponytail and let it fall past my shoulders as the water glued it to my face...

...

I am a warrior. I am a fighter and I am strong...

"I am a warrior. I am a fighter and I am strong" I mumbled repeatedly, over and over again as I massaged the shampoo into my head.

"I am a warrior. I am a fighte-"

"Eve!" A familiar voice shouted, banging on the door. "EVE HURRY UP! ITS BEEN 20 MINUTES!" Adi's annoying, high pitched voice screamed. I grit my teeth in agitation and ignore her. I literally just got into the shower.

I contemplate whether to hurry up or work at my own pace and gradually decide on a bit of both. I'll work at my own pace but slightly quickly too just to please Adi.

"EVE! PLEASE JUST HURRY UP" Adi pleaded.

"Alright, okay give me 20 more minutes and I'll be done" and wash the shampoo out my hair, grateful it wasn't too long that I struggled to cope with it. I wash my body and pat it dry with my towel,  rubbing a lotion over my body and step out the shower.

Considering how hot today was I had to be a little be more sensible with my suggestions and gradually decide on an off the shoulder, black and white checkered top paired with black distressed shorts.

Once I'm out the shower and fully dressed I brush my teeth and cleanse my face, the distorted shouts of Adi distant and obscure

Once I'm out the shower and fully dressed I brush my teeth and cleanse my face, the distorted shouts of Adi distant and obscure. A mocking smirk tugs at the corner of my lips as she frenetically thumped on the door.

As a result of my kind nature I gradually decide to spare her of any further torment and unlock the door. The sound of the door opening causes a sudden reaction. Adi abruptly turns her head, a bitter frown plastered on her baby face.

"Are you ready now!" She exclaimed. I raise my eyebrows and pull a deadpan expression, although a smile played on my lips.

"Do I look ready?" I queried, pointedly referring to my damp hair and bare feet.

"Eurrrrgh!" She groaned loudly and before she can further express her agitation there's a knock on the door.

(I'm a terrible writer I suck at updating and I don't even have an excuse besides from the fact that I'm lazy so I'm very sorry 😩 however on a brighter note this chapter actually came out decent :) I hope yall liked this chapter much love my beans ❤️)