12

Later that day...

"Can we get some Ice cream Mom?" Adi whined as we strolled through Pier 39.

The arousing smell of nachos engulfed the atmosphere as family's and couples bustled through the crowd exploring the scenic surroundings, children squealing in excitement, some going towards the carousel others going towards the fishermen's grotto. The heat of the sun was warm against my tanned skin, the air heavy with sweat and laughter.

"Mom we need ice cream" I groaned. San Francisco was exceptionally hot today, although California in general was naturally hot, the heat in San Francisco was almost unbearable.

"We need Air con that's what we need" Adi moaned, shoulders dropping. My hair was sticking to the back of my neck in a very unpleasant manner.

"Girls stop complaining" Mom scolded "there's people out there who have to work and live in these conditions honestly you're both being ridiculous and Eve if the heat bothers you so much why in the world did you agree to come to San Francisco" Mom added "now hurry up we're going to get some lunch" she finished. Agitation ate away at my patience and I could feel myself drawing to the end of my tether.

"Because you forced me to. Why the hell do you think?" I replied, bitterness evident in my voice.

"Don't talk to me like that" Mom warned.

"Well don't give me a reason to talk to you like that." I retorted. "If you didn't want me to come why the hell did you force me to?!" I exclaimed and walk ahead, clenching my fists in anger as anger bubbled inside of me.

At Bubba Gump Shrimp Co...

I sigh in content as we entered the seafood restaurant. The air con blasted through the building, hitting my skin with a satisfying slap.

"Air con!" Adi exclaimed excitedly letting out a sigh of relief. She closes her eyes and basks the air in, opening her arms as if she was welcoming it. Adi runs ahead and as i'm about to follow after her mom grabs my shoulder to stop me. If she starts on me i swear to God...

I stiffen under her touch and take a sharp intake of breath, portraying my frustration. I turn my head and glare at her, guilt creased in her expression.

"I'm sorry I was so harsh" Mom apologised, genuineness evident in my voice. I let out sigh and nod my head.

"It's okay don't worry. Sorry I was so rude" I smiled.

"It's alright honey. If anything I deserved it" She replied, laughing slightly.

"Come on now let's get a table" Mom instructed. I nod my head and as I'm about to follow after her I hear the ping of her phone indicating she has a message. Work.

Although, Mom had been granted time away from the actual building she still had the responsibility of work burdening down on her. As a sales representative for wholesalers and manufacturers she was always receiving emails day in and out.

We gradually find the table Adi had sat down on and slide into the booth. The picturesque sight of the bayside was the pleasant view we'd been blessed with.

"How may I help you ladies?" A male voice asked. Mom abruptly lifts her head and acknowledges his presence.

"Hello yes could I please have..." Mom began as she lifted the menu and scanned the different options "could I please have a Jenny's catch with lobster butter sauce" She continued. The waiter nods his head and writes down moms order.

"What do you guys want?" Mom asked as she handed me the menu. I stare wistfully at the different choices and eventually decide on an All - American Burger and fries.

"Can I have an All American Burger and Fries please?" I replied.

"What about you Adi?" Mom asked.

"I'll have the same as Eve" she responded. The waiter once again nods his head and writes the orders all down and turns on his heels and walks towards the counter.

Mom gets back to whatever she was doing whilst my eyes skimmed over the people around.

Mothers with Children. Families and Couples - The majority were straight but there were also the small minority of Homosexual ones which immediately caused a grin to break out on my face.

A feeling of warmth overwhelmed me at the fact they weren't afraid to be themselves and embrace their sexuality and relationship freely. That by far was the most beautiful realisation. The realisation, that despite how fucked up society was, people still remained true to themselves.

(An// I actually prefer this chapter sm more over the original version. I think that's what imma do. If I don't like a chapter I'll rewrite it and let you guys know if there's any changes in the plot. The only change I've made so far is change it to San Francisco from San Diego 😊 I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you did be sure to let me know! Ilysm ❤️💕 also Tysm for 1.34k! Sm love for you all ❣️💕💕)