The Cliff

Eden

I woke up the next morning feeling lighter then ever, I wish Harry could of stayed but I understand his concerns. Yesterday was draining but so rewarding, yes the worst voice was left but I felt like I stood more of a chance against it.

I yawn and stretch out my sleepy bones before standing up, my body was so relaxed last night I had slept past twelve.

"Sweetheart?" My mom calls while I'm in my closet pulling on some clothing.

"I'm in here," I reply as I smooth out the wrinkles in my skinny jeans.

"How are you feeling?" She asks softly.

"Better then ever," I say with a wide smile which she returns.

"Come down stairs, I'll make some pancakes." She chirps before heading out, I follow her down into the kitchen and go to the cabinet where I keep my medicine.

"Mom, where're my meds?" I ask in confusion, she turns and rests back against the counter before sighing.

"Your boyfriend told me to take you off of all medications," she says as my eyes widen.

"He's not my-"

"He's not your psychologist anymore, he had me call and remove you from the care of the institute which means you're no longer his patient." She explains and I furrow my brows in confusion.

"How am I going to get better then?" I ask on the verge of tears.

"You're not sick Eden, you're being tormented by evil spirits. Harry and his colleague are trying to find a way to help you more, I know he's already helped you somewhat." She says softly as she brushes a hair out of my face, "I just want you happy darling. If he makes you happy then I'm happy." She adds before turning around and continues fixing some pancakes, I make some coffee and sit down at the dinner table while she tells me about her visit with my little brother last night.

Maybe once we get rid of this last voice I'll get to see John and my brother again. Good luck getting rid of me babygirl, the lower voice growls sending shivers down my spine. Just a matter of time until you're where you belong Eden.

"Eden, did you hear me dear?" My mom asks breaking me out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, my mind was somewhere else. What did you say?"

"If you're feeling well enough and want to get out a bit.... would you like to go shopping maybe?" She suggests as I blink my eyes blankly, she chews her lip nervously due to my silence. "You haven't been able to pick your own clothing out for years, I just thought that maybe we could get you some new clothes, more grownup clothes. I'm realizing I tend to still shop in the teens section for you."

"Is that safe though? What if I snap-"

"We'll just try to steer clear of any guys plus Harry says you're learning to control it." She says and I nod softly, "If you don't think it's a good idea we can just stay home and watch movies."

"No, that would be nice mom." I assure her as she smiles widely.

"Plus now that you have a boyfriend it's probably time to get you some big girl panties," She teases with a wink as my cheeks redden.

"Moooooom," I whine as she chuckles.

"Hey, you're about to be twenty-three." She reminds me, "eat up and we'll go."

As I eat I wait for the voice to come at me, but it doesn't. It's like he's weak and unable to fight right now. Like he was allowing the other two to break me down so that he was able to control me easier. Well, that changes now. I won't allow anyone dead or alive to control me.