Chapter 23

"This is the place?" Lubbock asked from beside you. A large metal door stood in front of you, camouflaged surprisingly well.

"Well..." You stood there staring at the metal bars and gears that worked the doors with mild interest.

'Is it?' You questioned ghost, reminding you to thank him later for the directions.

'Yes....At least I believe so...' You hummed lightly in response, giving a nod to Lubbock. The green haired male let out an irritated sigh.

"Now we just need to find a way in-" You launched yourself at the door, lighting your leg on fire. Spinning your hip you slammed your foot into the door. Upon impact the door's metal caved in thanks to your strength and nearly flew off its hinges as it opened, slamming into the wall where it was now stuck.

"-side..." You flinched in pain as you set your foot back onto the ground, most likely due to the force you put behind the kick. Your wounds have yet to heal and now you think you just added another one to the list.

'Well what did you expect? You just kicked a solid metal door that was at least a few inches thick.'

'Shut the fuck up ghost, I thought it would be a good idea at the time...' You then glanced back at Lubbock who stood still with comically wide eyes with his jaw hanging open. You sent him a light smirk at his reaction. You gestured towards the door jokingly, ignoring the pain coming from your now injured foot you said with a smile.

"After you mister pervert." Finally shaking himself from his shocked trance, he laughed lightly as he walked past you.

"I'm so glad that you're on our side." Your smile brightened as the two of you walked inside the hidden building. The first room you entered was nothing but a long and simple hallway, leading into a larger room.

"So this is Stylish's lab?" You questioned out loud upon walking into the large lab. Tables and papers were everywhere, little experiments now forgotten lay unfinished across the lab. The place looked absolutely terrible. And for some reason, there was just a disembodied arm laying on one of the tables making you immediately look anywhere else. You scanned the tabletops, looking for anything that might prove useful. You glanced over your shoulder upon hearing the loud sound of breaking glass to see Lubbock refusing to meet your eyes as he quickly walked away from the now broken lab equipment. You let out a sigh of disappointment, bringing a hand up to comb through your hair in annoyance.

"Just try to not break anything else dude." You heard him chuckle nervously as you focused back on the papers in front of you, your eyes scanning them for any important details.

'You really think that you can save the girl?' Ghost asked as you threw a folder away from you, finding nothing worth remembering within it.

'Completely.' You skimmed through a few of Sylishish's notes, slowly starting to become irritated upon finding nothing relating to Kurome's cure.

'I just want to help her as soon as possible, the poor girl already had to suffer for so much.' Ghost hummed in acknowledgement.

'But the question is, will she take it? From what I can tell she's a stubborn brat.' You nodded, giving a click of the tongue as you tossed another paper aside.

'I would like to think she would. But to do so, I'm gonna have to convince her that the empire is her enemy...'

'And if you have to fight her?' Ghost's question made you pause your movements, making your mind go haywire for a moment. You shook your head, removing the image of Kurome looking betrayed out of your head.