Chapter 2

Today is the day that I get to go to school. I finally get to see what humans do in terms of learning. I know my ways of learning are far different from that of humans. I can't imagine the kinds of things teachers say to their students. It might be something that they'll never need in the future. 

Matei, Tj, Emilia, and Selina are going to show me around their school. The first thing I have to do is go to the front office and get myself a uniform. This uniform included; a white button-up shirt, green tie, black pants or skirt, and dress shoes. Selina and Emilia helped me the most by adjusting the tie and getting it in the right places. I appreciated their help immensely. They'll help me fit right into the human world. Though, I still have to get used to humans. I'll be around them all the time. 

After I'm dressed, Selina leads me to my first class. We walk in together and I see Matei sitting in the back corner. This class is chemistry. Selina explains why I'm here and her teacher gladly lets me sit in on the lesson for today. The topic is; chemical equilibrium. I took a peek at Selina's notes and didn't understand nothing at all. I can understand bits and pieces, but not all this complicated stuff. Selina reaches into her bag and hands me a notebook so I could take notes too. I twirl the pencil in my hand, also not sure exactly how to use this. 

"Just write down what's on the power point, like the bullet points and important parts." Selina said.

"Okay, I'll try." I said.

As the power point went in, I scribbled down little notes that made some sense. I giggled as I knew this was wrong for me to be doing this as a wolfblood. We would never need to do this in the pack. There was no such thing as pencils or notebooks. Heck, we didn't even have electricity. We use our natural resources instead. The only reason these wolfbloods don't know a thing about our traditions because they've been tamed by the city. It sickens me. Though being city wolves, I'll accept it. They're my pack now and I have to understand their differences as much as they do.

After school, Selina had one more idea that she wanted to present to me; taekwondo. It's apparently a type of martial arts from Korea. That might mean I get to learn how to fight that's not with teeth or claws. This might be interesting. Selina leads me to the gym and then into the locker room.

"The uniform is called a dobok. You put this protective mat over it. Then you put this hat on, it protects your head when a roundhouse kicks rams you into you." Selina explained.

"Okay, that was a lot of information just now." I said.

"Just put this one. I'll spar with you." Selina said.

I put on all the stuff. It felt really weird. The fabric is like something I've never felt before. Once I was all dressed, Selina and I walked out into the gym. The first thing she wanted to teach me was the kicking and jabs. She taught me the proper way to kick. A few minutes later, Matei and Emilia come into the gym to watch. When I was punching the bag, my eyes turned yellow and my veins bubbled in my hand.

"Stop! Your hands." Selina warned.

"Oh. . . It's my instinct. Whenever I'm fighting, this always happens. What do I do to stop it?" I asked.

"I think Jana can help." Matei said.

Matei walked over to the side to phone Jana. Within 10 minutes she arrived to the school. She took me into the locker room to give me a talk. It was a talk about how to control the wolf when it gets close. The tingling is the first sign. I know that my wolf is close when I feel the tingle. Jana takes me over to the punching bag and stands behind it. 

"Now, go." Jana said.

I begin to punch lightly.

"You'll never win, Raeshel." Jana said.

"C'mon, you call that a punch?" Matei asked.

I begin to punch harder than I've ever have before. My eyes turn yellow again. I failed to control my wolf, ugh.

"How am I supposed to stop when my opponent won't?!" I snapped.

"You need to now when it's happens and stops it before it gets out of control." Jana said.

"What you did won't help me!" I yelled.

"Hey, wait." Matei said.

"Back off!" I screamed.

I stormed off and ran towards the woods. I need to let off steam, get away from the city for a bit. I couldn't handle the city any longer. I belong in the forest and I know it. My pack can't stop me from leaving. I ran to my old territory. I sniff someone coming. It was Jackson. I turn around, growling.

"What's wrong?" Jackson asked.

"I tried taekwondo and I got out of control." I said.

"Well, you should return to the pack. Matei has something to tell you." Jackson said.

"Jack. . . What are you on about?" I asked, suddenly curious why Matei would want to talk to me.

"I'm serious, let's go." Jackson said, grabbing my hand.

I sigh and walk with him back to the city. We go to the den where the tall, handsome, dark boy was waiting. He spots me and hugs me tightly. I was completely caught off guard by this. We pull away from each other.

"I was wondering. . . Well. . . Would you like to be my girlfriend?" Matei asked.

"Matei Covaci. Don't you know we call it mate in the wild?" I ask with a wink.

"Yeah, but that's a yes?" Matei asked.

"Always, Matei." I said, kissing his cheek.

"Okay." He said, blushing.

He went in for the full kiss. An explosion of feelings I've never felt before washed over me. I've never thought I've even felt this with Jackson before. Speaking of him, he was cheering for our amazing relationship. I keep my hands on Matei's shoulder, turn my head, and smile at Jackson. I'm glad he supports our short starting relationship. Like, seriously. Our relationship literally started just now. 

I spent the whole day with Matei in the den. Jackson casually stayed in the den too. He's a perfect third-wheel for us. Who knew that wolfbloods could have a third-wheel. Oh well.