Safe

■■

Chapter 18

■■

I did my best to avoid Guy because he needed to figure things out on his own. I'm now over four months along so it's very obvious that I'm with child. Putting my hand on my belly, I walked downstairs. When I saw Guy enter the Manor, I quickly turned and went back upstairs.

"Evelyn!" Guy called, chasing after me. "Evelyn, please wait." 

Guy grabbed my arm, forcing me to turn and look at him. 

"What?" I questioned with an eye roll. 

He looked at my stomach with a smile. "It's very noticeable now."

I gave a tired nod. "Yeah. That's what happens when you are bearing a child."

"Of course," he said, placing his hand on my stomach. "I've come to tell you that I'm leaving for a while."

"What? Why?" I concerningly asked. "If this is about us not talking... We can change that. You don't need to leave." 

Guy stopped me from talking. "I'm not leaving because of you. The Sheriff, Allan, and I are going on a short trip and when I get back... Things will be very different for us." Guy held up his hand and placed in on the side of my face, gazing into my eyes.

I reached up and held his hand. "But you can't leave. The baby's room isn't done yet and we still need to pick out names and get everything ready." 

Guy chuckled at me the way he does when I overreact about things. "I will be back in time to do all of that with ya." 

"Where are you guys going? May I come with?" 

"I'm sorry, you can't come with and I can't tell you. This is a something the Sheriff wants to keep a secret." 

I turned away and went upstairs to sit down on the bed that was in the room. "What if you don't come back? I don't completely trust the Sheriff. He was going to kill you just the other day if I didn't step in." 

Guy came over and sat down next to me, putting his strong arm around my shoulder. "I will come back alive and well. I will see the birth of our child. You need not worry about the trip." 

"I want to come with," I begged, turning to Guy.

"Evelyn, you can't. It's not something that you should come along for." 

"But it sounds like it's going to be a long trip and I can't stand not seeing you for a day. This trip will tear me apart. A lot can happen while you're gone." I explained with an innocent look. 

"That's why I'm putting you in charge of the Locksley. You have to keep an eye on all the mercenaries here in the village. That will keep your mind off that fact that I'll be gone." 

I looked down at his pants. "Alright, but I'm sure going to miss you," I said, trailing my finger up and down his thigh. 

Guy leaned in and started kissing my neck as one hand ran over my body. I pull at his hair as he laid me back on the bed. Being careful, Guy peeled my dress off after tearing his off. Kissing his way up my body. We made moves that brought pleasure to the both of us, but Guy wanted to spoil me. When we were all done, Guy let himself go on my stomach as he moaned. 

Cleaning up, I looked at Guy who was getting dressed. 

"Do you really have to go? I'd like it if you stayed." 

Guy chuckled at me. "Evelyn, my dear, I told you that it's something I must do." He then came to the bed with his shirt off. "This is for us. Things will be better when I return and I will return in time to help with the room and to see the birth of our child."