Love Letter (Jaded)

As Azza pushed the final pin into my hair and my mam straightened out my dress an envelope was pressed into my shaking hand.
I looked down and smiled slightly, seeing the scribble of my name on the envelope in very familiar loopy handwriting. Taking a deep breath I opened it and began reading aloud to the small crowd of people gathered in my suite.

"Jade,
            as I prepare to marry you this day I come to an overwhelming realisation that I must share with you. (And it's not that I didn't know this, I just hadn't realised it to this extent until this moment)

You are my happiness, my pure euphoria and my life. And I am certain nothing could ever change that.

Meeting you changed my life incredibly. Before you I had no focus and no goal, no thoughts to fill my mind and no love to give out. However now I can. Now out of the 100 thoughts I have in a day 99 of them pertain to you and I am so grateful for that. Grateful that you have filled my mind, given me drive and focus and allowed me the opportunity to love. Without you I don't feel whole.

I've never known someone to exist in such perfect dualities. For example, to the world you are confident, yet to me you are shy. You are able to both be cute and sexy, both gentle and strong, both understanding and empowering. You see good in people where others can't. Your talent is one that I'm jealous of and your ability to love is one as well. Overall to me you are inspirational cute sexy kind caring loving gentle passionate talented strong unique special beautiful and above all the love of my life.

So as the sun dawns on this beautiful day of 12th of August 2019, as I tie my shoelaces and straighten out my suit, I look forward to seeing you dressed in white, to exchanging vows, walking down the aisle and just enjoying the evening with you. But most of all I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you.

My amazing human and my soon to be wife.
143, Jed x" 

I finished, with a shakey breath, focusing on the words that he had just written. In that moment I knew that I was ready to marry the love of my life and nothing was going to stop me.