5. The Party's Over

We stood around him, paralysed from shock. Dylan's blood flowed through mine and Amelia's shoes. You could smell the fear in the air between us. None of us could think straight. The alcohol blurred our thoughts. Theo cursed repeatedly while Amelia and Haley sobbed quietly. Riya was all over Dylan, checking pulses and breathing. Quinn was so pale it looked like she glowed in the dark.

There was a gaping hole in the glass window from which he had fallen from.

Lucas started to panic. "Oh god...tell me he's not dead Riya. Please. Oh no n-"
"Shut...the fuck up. Let me concentrate." Riya snapped.

The silence was so deafening you could hear the soft gurgle of the blood spilling from Dylan's body.

An eternity passed before Riya jumped up. "I got it. There's a faint pulse. It's slow. Get him to hospital now or he'll fucking die."
"He has enough drugs in his system to get us all arrested, Riya. The doctors are gonna find everything!" Jon said.
Theo angrily replied - "What the fuck, Jon? Dylan's-"
"No no...Dylan only smoked weed, that's it. Me and Lucas did the coke, not him," whispered Haley. "Marijuana doesn't stay in your body. They won't know." She started to cry harder, and Amelia put her arm around Haley in a fruitless attempt to console her. Amelia began to take her phone out.

"My dad's still at the hospital. We have to take him. I'm calling an ambulance. Hide the shit, now."

10 minutes later and the ambulance had arrived. We had hidden the contraband in the house before the paramedics came. We had said Dylan had fell from the third floor window, and they took him without any further inquires. Quinn, Jon, Theo and I stayed back to clean up while the others went to the hospital with Dylan.

I stood around the pool of almost-congealed blood, glistening in the dim light. Glass shards littered the ground. I looked up in the gaping hole of the window which led to the guest room, crimson liquid dripping of the jagged edges.

Wait.

That's not right.

Why is there blood on the glass-

My thoughts trailed off as I saw Jonathan walking towards me, beckoning me to come to him. I crossed and he gave me a hug while I fought back tears.
"Why...why did this end like this?" I choked.
His voice quavered. "I don't know, Kiers. I guess it was...an accident."

Accident. Right.

"I can't stay out here. I have to go in." I looked up and saw a tear fall down Jon's cheek, and brushed it away with my thumb. That face was worth the universe. And to be so close to it, to smell his aftershave to graze his neck-

He kissed me.

I felt his warm lips against mine, his tongue trying to work its way into my mouth. His hands worked their way down my back, and my arms instinctively wrapped around his neck. For a second, everything stopped. I forgot about everything that had happened.

Amelia.

I pulled back and said, with wide eyes, "Jon, no."

Surprisingly, he looked like he had expected this. "Ah, Amelia. Kieran, listen to me. No one's going to know if we keep it on the down low." He took me into the kitchen and poured me some vodka. "Here, drink."

"Straight? That's going to fuck up my lungs!" I joked, and downed the lot. It burned like hell, but then evolved into sweet warmth. "What was that about, Jon? Why now?"

"I told you I planned to tell them tonight. And that person was you."

"But why me though? I'm pretty sure I'm a male." 

He laughed, as if i wasn't being serious. "This. This is why you."

"Oh God, I need a drink," I said, and poured myself some Smirnoff and Red Bull.

The next thing I remember was lying in Jon's bed with our clothes on the floor.

Fuck. How drunk did I get?

The door creaked open and Theo looked in, also shirtless. "Oh shit...sorry about that..." he smirked. He closed the door and I heard him yell "QUINN! THEY FUCKED!", to which she replied "YESSSSS!"

I felt his warm body press against mine as he kissed me. His fine chest hair tickled my neck. This was everything I had wished for, and yet I didn't feel everything I thought it would be. Maybe it was the fact he had a girlfriend. Maybe it was because the alcohol was eating away at my brain. Maybe because it was Dylan.

"Looks like they're fucking now," Jon smiled. I was confused for a second before I heard the moans of Quinn and Theo downstairs. I couldn't help but laugh. I looked and saw him smile at me, before pulling me on top of him and kissing me.

"Happy Birthday Kieran." he said. "I love you."

"I love you too, Jon."

Suddenly his phone flashed up on the nightstand.

'It's Dylan." Haley texted. 'He's dead.'