VIII

***This is a very short chapter***
   My heart dropped, and my breathing hitched. I let out a high pitched scream as I felt the cold blood splatter across the side of my face. No no no no no! This can't be happening. "Ma," I cry out loud hoping to hear a response but I already know that I won't. "Mom please," I say begging. "You didn't have to do that." I finally begin to burst into tears. How could she? How could she do that in front of me? Why? Why? Why? It felt as if my whole world stopped. Everything around me, my mind, my body, everything just stopped. I feel disgusting. Their blood now drying on my body. I try once more To get up, to move myself but nothing works and so I just lay there staring up at the ceiling. I cant believe she did that. We could have actually started something. We couldve started a whole new relationship, as mom and daughter. I don't even know what to think right now. My vision becomes a blur and then everything goes bad.
     I woke up in a groggy state. Opening my eyes, I immediately realize that I'm in a different room. I look down at my clothes, they aren't mine. I try to slowly get up from the bed. I tried standing up but I immediately dropped down to the ground. Jay immediately walks into the room.
     "Ashley are you okay?" He asks helping me back on to the bed. I look at him with a look of confusion.
     "Where am I?" I asked him. His face went serious.
     "Your back at my house," He looked at me for a long time before speaking up again. "Can I ask you something?"
     "Yeah,  go ahead."
     "Why did you kill your mother? " he asked. I looked up at him confused. Earlier's event start replaying in my mind again. I bow my head looking into my lap.  "Ashley," he says kneeling in front of me, "if you need help I will help you, but you need to tell me what happened so that I can help you out." Jay held my hands in his. I start crying uncontrollably. Jay sits on the bed next to me and holds me tight. "Ashley, I'm here for you,  just know that." We stood together like this, him holding me in his arms, for a long time. The room was quiet. Nothing could be heard besides my subtle sniffles. I slowly separated myself from Jay.
     "I didn't kill her, " I said looking at Jay. Jay's head shot up.
     "What?"
     "I said I didn't kill her. She killed herself." Jay didn't say anything.  I can see the look of confusion on his face. "After killing Robert she confessed th-"
     "Wait," Jay said interrupting me. "What do you mean killed Robert?"
     "Did you not see the body?" He looked at me as if he'd seen a ghost.
     "When I got there, only Marie's body was there." How could that be?
     "Jay you have to be joking there's no fucking way that he survived. He was on top of me when she shot him, I felt his body drop and his blood drip on me, there's no way" I started crying hysterically. I'm scared. I'm scared he's gonna come back and get me. I can't believe this.
A/N
Hey guys, so thanks again for reading.  I just want to know how yall feel about Jay reading this chapter. What do you think happened with Robert?