Did He Return For Good?

Ridhi's pov:

"I am here"

I am still frozen by these words I heard. I don't need to turn and confirm what I am thinking is right or wrong because I recognize this voice. I always did, I still am, I always will. I can't actually express what I am feeling right now. That deep husky voice still gives me goosebumps. Even after 7 years this man has the same effect on me and I don't know how to react to it. My surrounding is so quite or rather I can't feel anything. The only person who somewhat has a confused yet smiling face is Abhi. And only Abhi gets up from his chair to greet him.

"Hey I am Abhi... Abhimanyu and you are.. " Abhi says forwarding his hand towards him. I am still not moving and ready to face him so I choose to keep sitting with my back facing them. Nikhil and Aditi are also trying to take in whatever is happening and all three of us look at Maya who is now looking down giving the guilty look.
How can she do this to us. I thought. She invited him and never cared enough to tell us.

"Hey Abhimanyu. It's nice to meet you. I am Samar....", he says.
And that's it. I cannot take it any more. I simply stand up and without facing him immediately leave with tears already making their way out from my eyes. I started running as fast as I can. All I heard was someone screaming my name but I was in no mood of stopping. I slammed the door hard and slowly sat there because honestly I had no strength left. Everything came back like a wave in my mind. I cannot face him right now.

Samar POV:

"Hey Abhimanyu. It's nice to meet you. I am Samar..." as soon as I said these words my eyes were still stuck on her and all I wanted was her to look towards me at least once. But what I witnessed was completely opposite. She slowly got up from her seat and without facing me left. My heart broke into million pieces. It felt like someone stabbed me right in my chest and all I could feel was the pain of loosing her.

But then I deserved it

But then I deserved it. I am responsible for all what had happened. Once upon a time when I had almost everything my world was perfect one night destroyed it all. I still blame and punish myself for breaking her heart. I promised her that I will protect her from every cruelty but I turned out to be the biggest devil in her life. She hates me to the extent that she doesn't wants to see me even for once and I don't even blame her for this.

"Ummmm I really don't want to sound rude Abhimanyu but it was a long flight and I am really tired right now, can I get some rest and I promise I will catch up with you tomorrow morning." I interrupted Abhimanyu who was asking me something because right now neither I was in any state of answering neither I wanted to answer anything to anyone.

" Yeah sure. Sorry I am just a bit excited to meet all of Maya's friends. She talks so high about all of you but you should rest for a while. I will call someone to show you your room." Abhi was about to call someone when Maya interrupted. "Abhi let it be. I will show him his room." and she dragged me away and I followed her silently.