Chapter 4- Who Are You?

The enclosure stood before me was two stories high, it was as wide as two buses and filled to the brink with water, an... aquarium? I have never seen one this big. Inside the aquarium was huge grey stones laid on the floor like pebbles in a gold fish bowl, seaweed in many colours ranging from slime green to dark yellow and even burgundy, danced in the current of the tank, multiple large species of colourful, shiny fish swimming around in the water which made it feel as if I was truely under the ocean.
The only part that seemed out of place in the enclosure was a ginormous rock to the very back of the structure that had a crevice the size of a person through it, it seems odd to have such a large enclosure but still include places to hide.
"Axel, are you in there?" Grace yells out at the top of her lungs, I look over to her.
"What is the fish going to do? Talk back?" I chuckle at the thought of a fish understanding her.
"friend! Is that's you?" I quickly turn around to look at the tank, I swear that I heard the thick accent of a Russian man.
Suddenly we both hear a vicious splashing, almost like whatever just spoke to Grace wants to greet us face to face; then he appeared.
A very attractive man that looked to be in his twenties, with white hair, blindingly white skin and a scuba suit looks directly at us, the strange thing about this man was that he wasn't wearing any type of breathing apparatus; how?
"Hello Axel, it's a pleasure seeing you again, are you well?"

What...

"Yep I am Gracey-poo! As well as I can be, how about you?"
I interrupt the conversation, "wait, this handsome hunk of junk without the scuba mask is named Axel? Like THE Axel project?"
Grace looks to me with a smug face, "I bet you didn't expect that when you got the offer to help me."
"Who is this man?" Axel inquired
"This is Franklin Reeves, he was a cleaner we hired to clean up radioactive messes, and now he's going to help get you to the ocean."
"Wait, wait, wait, hold up, the ocean is a million miles away, there is no possible way we're going to get him there," I exclaim with confusion.
Grace and Axel look at each-other as if to say 'who's going to tell him,' finally Axel speaks up.
"Frank friend, we must go through my home, there is a way out to the ocean," I look to Grace in the most aggravated face I can muster "Why does this fish fry think it's possible to go to the ocean through his container? I want an explanation to everything; why can he breath under water, why do we need to get him to the ocean-" grace cuts me off

"I guess it's time I spill the beans."