Chapter 11

A/N this chapter is kind of short :(. The next chapter will be full of stuff though :D more details at the end.

------------------

Once I got inside, I heard Paul’s dad yell “ELEANOR IS THAT YOU?” I also heard what sounded like a book fall.

“Yeah it’s me!” I yelled back. I saw my book bag on the couch where I left it. I double checked it for my inhalers (both of them). I used one and put it back in my bag. I heard someone running down the stairs and then someone tapping my shoulder.

I turned around and saw Mike. “Da wants you to come upstairs and see how the room looks.” I nod and follow him upstairs.

In the room, there’s not much, but I couldn’t complain. It was somewhere to stay. There was a lone mattress on the floor with a blanket and two pillows. There was a nightstand next to it and an empty bookshelf across the room. “It’s not much…” Paul’s dad began.

“It’s awesome, thank you guys so much for letting me stay here.” I said, cutting him off. I gave him a weak smile and he smiled back.

“Well,” he began. “I’m going to start making dinner. Any food you’re allergic to that I should know of?”

“I’m allergic to peanuts.”

“I’ll take note of that.”

He smiled and went downstairs. I lay down on the mattress lying on the floor and look at the ceiling. This is has been better than any day I ever had with my real family. In the end, I guess it was for the best that I ran away. As far as I can tell, no missing persons report was filed. If that was the case, my face would be all over the newspaper.

I’m pretty sure my entire family is better off without me. I thought to myself. I heard a knock at the door. It opened and Paul was standing in the door way with a slight smile on his face. “So,” he began. “How do you like it here?”

“It’s wonderful! It sure beats being with my family.” I replied. He chuckled.

“How was being out with John?”

“Well I understand why his aunt calls him crazy now. We jumped on top of a bus and stole a record.” I held up the record I had set by my bed.

“Yea he seems to do that a lot. Did he take you to Blackpool?”

“No, he said he’d show me that another day. Hopefully you will come along that day.”

Paul smiled. “I’d like that.”

Mike, in the hallway passing by said “Get a room you to, and preferably one I don’t have to share.”

I laughed and Paul gave him a brotherly shove. “Sod off Mikey,” he told him. His brother made a face and went downstairs.

Paul sat down next to me on the mattress. “So,” he began. “You start your new school tomorrow. You’re going to the same school as me, that’s pretty cool. You can meet my friend George.”

“Well that’s nice. Tell me about George.”

“Well, like me, he plays an instrument. He’s a bit quieter though.”

“It’s nice to know you have quiet friends unlike John.”

“He just likes all the attention it brings him.”

“He’s also a troublemaker.”

“I never said George wasn’t one. The quiet ones are always the ones you should look out for.”

I raised my eyebrows at him and he let out a laugh. I couldn’t help but laugh along with him. Paul’s dad shouted that dinner was ready and Paul and I went downstairs to eat.

~~~

“Ann get up and get ready you start school today,” Paul said to me in the morning, hitting me with a pillow. I groaned and sat up, looking at the clock. It was only 5:00!! Well, I imagine he wants to be on time.

I rush him out of the room and get dressed. I didn’t really pack for multiple days, I only brought a single change of clothes. I still had a fair amount of money left. Maybe I can get some clothes after school or something.

I brushed my hair and teeth and went over to my book bag, dumping everything out of it. I can use it as a school bag. I run down the stairs and see Paul in the kitchen eating toast. “You should eat,” he tells me, pointing to the toast on the plate across from him.

“Thank you,” I tell him as I sit down and begin to eat the toast. He looks at the clock and quickly drinks the rest of his milk. “We should hurry,” he says, running upstairs to get his stuff. I quickly finish my toast and milk. By the time I put the dishes in the sink and walk into the living room, Paul is down the stairs and ready to go.

He grabs my hand and says, “I’ll show you the way there.” We run out the door, hand in hand, to go to school.

And for once in my life, I’m excited to go to school.

-----------

A/N Hello! So in the next chapter, look forward to:

-George introduction

-Fighting

-Drama

This is really hard to write, but really fun at the same time.

Y'ALL READING SHOULD COMMENT BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE QUIET!

I can hear crickets chirping.

LATER!!!!

-Jo-Jo