Chapter 14

I'm so so sooo sorry it took so long to update. We didn't have internet for the longest time and i felt really bad so I wrote like three chapters that I'll update at later times so no one gets confused which chapter they were on. So please keep on reading "It's Not Perfect" because i promise things are about to get crazy. Don't forget to comment and tell your friends!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

***************************

When I woke up that Wednesday morning, something felt different. Luckily, I hadn't dreamt of Ryder's death as I had been yesterday and it calmed my nerves to know that maybe it wasn't my instincts, it was just my over active brain being a little stinker. I rolled over in my bed, stretching out as far as my limbs would allow. But my bed also felt different, softer, colder. Then I realized that the sheets on my bed had been changed from their usually cotton to fresh silk, the sheer lavender color reflecting the dull light streaming in through my window. It was actually quite beautiful.

I remembered back to last night. We finished watching the last of my Disney movies around midnight, and to my surprise Ryder never got tired of watching them. I had fallen asleep towards the end of the last movie and when I woke up Ryder was carrying me to my bed, his strong arms scooping me up and squeezing me tightly. But I don't remember anything after that, I had just assumed Ryder would be sleeping in my bed as I had in his after the fights on Saturday.

Guess not.

I sat up in the crisp silk sheets and stretched my arms up into the air, my muscles grateful for being stretched out. After another few minutes of stretching, I looked to where my clack rested on my bed side table.. It was almost noon, I had missed all my morning classes! I groaned out loud, my voice sounding rather deafening in this silent room. Ryder had been right, once you joined the fights every other aspect of your life fell second on your priority list. But it wasn't really the fights that were taking up my time, it was Ryder. He was with me literally every day, the two of us getting into more trouble than I've ever been in before. But I was happy, it felt good to have someone want to spend every day with me. To have someone actually care about my existence.

So what if I missed a few days of school, for the chance to be with Ryder every day I would give up just about anything.

And it looked like I had given everything thing up, but not for Ryder. For Duke. It was only a matter of time before he found me and took his revenge. I felt his anger, I mean I basically put him in jail. I signed his sentence and now that he was out, I'd be the first person he came after. Which meant I had to savor what little time I had left to be happy. Because Duke would be coming for me, but after spending a little over a year in jail I had no doubts that he'd be even more monstrous than when he went in. He'd have new ways to break me, both mentally and physically. He'd have new diabolical techniques to make my life hell.

Until he got bored, then he'd just kill me.

My stomach began churning, that feeling of utter dread sweeping through my system like a tidal wave. But I didn't want to dwell on the past, or the future. I just wanted to focus on the present, and right now Ryder was my present.

So I pushed the silk sheets off of me, their flimsy fabric literally floating through the air and calmly coming to a rest back on the bed. The sheets flew about so lightly, almost magically, as if they weighed nothing at all. Clearly, it had to have been Ryder who changed my sheets but where did he get them?

I slid out of the bed, wearing a pair of my shorts and one of my t-shirts. But how did I get into my pajamas unless Ryder put me in them. But if he put me in them then he would have seen my in my bra and underwear. And I just couldn't picture Ryder violating me like that.