The Dance (part 1)

"Oh."

My heart was pounding, my dream had come true. Does that even happen?

I looked up and noticed Haley looking at me expectantly.

I smiled, "you know what, I think I will come."

A huge smile spread across her face.

"Meet me at the doors at," she thought for a moment, "10 tonight."

I nodded and she ended our call. I got up and smiled to myself. I didn't know what to wear so I went to the remaining clothes in my closet. I pulled out a white fitted shirt and pulled on a clean pair of jeans. I looked at the clock and realized i had two hours till she wanted to meet me. I walked around my room until I sat down on my bed and took my sketch book out of my suitcase.

I grabbed a pencil off my desk and began thinking about what to draw. I sat there for like twenty minutes until I started drawing an outdoor scene. I drew the place I would rather be. It was the side of a mountain covered in snow. In the background I drew woods and some birds in them. I drew it so it looked like the sun had just set and it looked amazing. My art teacher had always said I had a talent for drawing. I had started shading when I looked back up at the clock and yelped. I was supposed to meet Haley in ten minutes. I put my sketchbook back in my suitcase and slipped my feet into my shoes. I ran outside to my bike and pedaled all the way to school. I arrived just in time. As I ran up I saw her walking towards me. I waved my hand in greeting.

"Sam! You actually came", she sounded like she had just proved somebody wrong.

"What, did you think that I said yes just to spare your feeling and never planed on showing up?"

She let out a nervous laugh, "I was kinda afraid of that, yeah."

"Well I may be a bit of a loner and act like a smart ass but I'm not a jackass."

She laughed for real at this, "no you're not, you know you're funny?"

"Hey you can't tell anybody that," I pointed a finger at her.

"Why not, why can't I tell people you're not a jackass?"

"It would totally ruin my reputation."

She laughed again and grabbed my hand, "come on the party's inside."

She ran inside the gym and I followed grinning. She said she didn't want her friends to know she was back yet so we chose a table at the back. We talked, laughed, and sang to random songs we both liked. In all the night went great, until she dragged me to the dance floor.