6. ivar

(a.n. imagine if ivar could have sex)

"can we, um.. try for a baby?" ivar asked quietly, as i took out my earrings and put them on a shelf.

i turned around to look at him, a smile breaking out on my lips at the nervous, yet excited anticipation in his eyes as he looked up at me, him sat on our bed.

"of course." i grinned without hesitation, as i'd already expressed my readiness and openness for a child with ivar, if he desired.

"come here, then." he smirked and i got onto our bed with him.

he immediately pressed his lips to mine, but pulled away to kiss down my neck as he pulled my dress over my head, after i'd helped to undress him. his hands roamed my body hungrily, yet lovingly, as he lay down on his back and i sat on his stomach.

i pulled away for a moment to smile at him, before leaning down to kiss him again, his hands gripping my waist as a small, content moan escaped his lips when i ran my fingers through his hair, tugging on it lightly.

"it'll be a boy, i know it." he whispered, pressing a kiss to my temple as i lay next to him, our breathing heavy, and i smiled at his excitement.

(a month later)

"ivar." i whispered.

he looked up at me as he sat on the edge of the bed, and i stood in front of him, my stomach inline with his face, "i'm carrying our child." i said simply, and watched a little grin form on his lips.

his excited eyes looked to my stomach slightly nervously, and he gently kissed it, causing me to smile, "i will love you and him, more than anything else." he mumbled softly against my stomach, his hands gently resting on my waist.

"and i will love you and him, more than anything else." i said, my arms loosely going around his neck as i hugged him, "and he will love us."

ivar looked down a little unsure frown on his face, and i grabbed his chin, tilting his face up to look at me, "what is it, ivar?" i asked softly.

"how can i be a good father, i can't even walk b-" he sighed, but i cut him off and knelt down in front of him so that our faces were inline.

"no, you will be an amazing father, and i'm sure that he will not care, as i do not. don't worry, ivar." i reassured him and kissed him softly, "i love you." i whispered.

the little smile that i adored found its way onto ivar's face, "i love you, too." he said quietly, before kissing me once again.