Chapter 5: The Salvatore Father

Damon's P.O.V.

When I walk into the house with Stefan beside me he's immidetly tackled to the ground. I see the blonde hair from the light of lightning. l turn on the light as Stefan stops struggling.

"Lexi?" we say in unison. she looks at me then Stefan and shakes her head as a tear escapes her eyes.

"why didn't you tell me you had a daughter?" she asks. I look at Stefan then Lexi. Stefan looked almost as shocked as I was.

"I have a what?" he says lost in thought. she looks at him surprised.

"wait. you don't have a daughter do you?" she asks loosening her grip. he shakes his head. she looks at me still confused. 

"wait do you?" she asks me. I think for a second. Then I remembered something.

"In early February 1862 I was with a woman named Taylor Sawyer we were ready to marry. She was pregnant. she thought I didn't know. I was sent back to war and she was killed I thought our child was, too." I felt a tear escape my eye from the memory. "wait so does that mean my kid could still be alive?" I look at Lexi and something weird happened. she hugged me. I cried into her shoulder. she pulled away and looked at me.

"Do you want to see what she looks like?" I look at her releaved that I could see what me daughter looks like. she pulled out a picture of a group of three friends. On was tan with long curly black hair and dark brown eyes. The other a bit lighter with reddish brown hair and green eyes. And lastly one in the middle with honey blonde hair and electric blue eyes. she was laughing and I recognized something familiar about her. Two things actually. One she looked just like Taylor. And two she was the same girl I ran into at the grill. I take the picture from Lexi.

"she's beautiful. her name is Dilanie Taylor Salvatore she's fifteen years old and she lives here in Mystic Falls." Lexi says smiling. "oh and you can keep the picture. she is your daughter." she says smiling at me. I smile back and walk over to sit on the couch. Stefan walks over ro me and pats my back a little.

"Why didn't you tell me that I was an uncle?" he asks smiling. I shake my head.

"I didn't know she was alive I thought she was in Taylor still when she was killed." I look at the picture one more time before getting up and facing Lexi.

"I want to meet my daughter." I say looking at her. she nods then looks at Stefan. Stefan gives her a look and she replies with a slight nod.

"Maybe we should wait till tomorrow. She's been through alot today and then Katherine showed up and was...." I interuppted her when I heard Katherine.

"wait a second you let Katherine talk to my daughter?" I ask already knowing the answer. she backs away a little and nods. I walk over towards the door and grab my coat.

"Damon where are you going?" Stefan asks getting closer.

"To find Katherine. She's not gonna keep me away or try and get close to my little girl." I say as I open the door and slam it behind me.