Home

After walking for about ten minutes, they were almost halfway back to Remus's cabin. Harry's legs were getting sore, but he didn't want to bother these new guardians. For all he knew, they might be just like the Dursley's... or worse.... He thought that he could jut keep quiet but the pain was just becoming worse and worse. He decided he would take the risk and let then know.

"S-sirs?" Harry asks, stopping in his tracks. The two men in front of him stopped as well and looked down at Harry. Sirius bent down to his level, 

"What's up Pup?" He asked in a calm voice,

"M-my legs hurt..."

"Yeah, it's a long walk, huh... My legs hurt too Remus. Can we just apparate?" 

"Siri..."

"Remmy, think about Harry... He's in pain..."

"I-I can keep walking." Remus shook his head, 

"We aren't going to make you push yourself Harry. You've been through a lot. Now, Sirius is going to pick you up and then we are going to apparate, basically teleport, back to our house, okay?" Harry nodded, and Sirius picked him up and held him on his hip. Remus and Sirius intertwined their fingers and apparated back to their house. Harry felt as if he were being pulled through air at a million miles an hour, that time went slow, yet it was over in a second. 

He looked around at the new surroundings. There was a very cozy fire in the living room, across from it was the kitchen that had a island in the middle and various other kitchen appliances. There was a dining attached to the kitchen that could seat about eight comfortably. There was also a stair case beside the living room which he assumed led to the bedrooms and restroom. 

Sirius and Remus smiled at Harry as he looked around the room from where he was still situated on Sirius' hip. 

"Do you like it?" Remus asked the small boy.

"Mhm!" Harry said, smiling widely. The smile both warmed and broke Sirius and Remus' hearts/ His smile was exactly the same as James'. It also didn't help that his bright green eyes shown with the same glee and wonder that Lily's always had. Sirius cleared his throat and set Harry down. 

"Why don't you go look around and take a look at your room while Remus and I make the three of us some lunch? It's right across from the rest room in case you were wondering."

"I... I get my own room?" Harry asked, shocked. he then remembered he wasn't at the Dursley's anymore. He knew it would take some time for him to adjust to this knew lifestyle, but it was still bewildering to him.

"Of course you do pup. Now go on, go be a kid. We'll call you when lunch is ready."

"Yes, Si- I mean Uncle Padfoot." Harry said, remembering that he didn't need to call them 'Sir' anymore. He saw Sirius smile at him and smiled back, running upstairs to examine his new room.

Once he got to the top of the stairs, he saw a door with golden lettering on it that read, 'Harry J. Potter's Room'. Harry smiled and pushed the door open and was shocked by what he saw. Before him was a full size, four poster bed with red and gold comforters and pillows. There was a toy chest packed with all sorts of toys, beside a bookshelf full of books, and a closet on the other side of the room filled with clothes that were just his size.  He beamed and jumped onto the bed, amazed by the squishiness of the mattress and softness of the blankets. He lay there, wondering what his new life here was going to be like. He decided that h could sum it up with one word, fantastic. 

~Meanwhile~

Remus was making a simple lunch. He made the three of them a few sandwiches. He could always make more if necessary. Sirius was sitting on the countertop of the island, watching him. 

"You're awful quiet Pads. Whatcha thinking about?"

"Not much..."

"Hm... You do know that you're a terrible liar, yes?" Sirius chuckled, 

"You know me to well...." he chuckled and shook his head and ran his hands through his messy black hair. "It's just that... When he smiled... It was like seeing Prongs and Evans again... I mean... I'm happy that we get to raise him like James and Lily wanted... But I just want them back... I want things back to normal..." He sighed and looked at Remus. "I'm so happy I didn't have to leave you... And that we met... And that we're here now..." Remus chuckled and walked over to Sirius. He smiled, wrapping his hands around his neck and standing between Sirius' legs.

"I know it's going to be hard, but we're going to give him the life that James and Lily would have given him. We're going to give him the life that you never had. That I never had. We'll teach him the way of the Marauder's. We'll be the best dads he could ever ask for. And I promise that we will get married someday. We are going to get through all of this and grow old and someday rejoin James and Lily in heaven, okay?" Remus asked, scanning his fiance's slate gray eyes. Sirius smiled and placed his hands on Remus's hips. 

"I love you... You know that, right?"

"Yes, I do know that." Remus said smiling, leaning in and kissing Sirius. Sirius kissed him back. Remus pulled away shortly after, smiling widely. "Why don't you call Harry down so we can eat?"

 "Alright." Sirius said, hopping off the counter. As he turned to walk away, Remus smirked and slapped Sirius' ass. He let out a shocked yelp and turned to glare at Remus who was laughing and smiling widely. "You better watch yourself Remus John Lupin. There is a child here now."

"Go get Harry, you drama queen."

"This conversation isn't over" Sirius said pointing at Remus and walking up stairs to Harry's room. He knocked on the ajar door, "Harry, lunch is ready." He said poking his head in the room. Harry was sitting on the bed and looking around the room.

"Alright, thank you Uncle Padfoot."

"Not a problem, Harry. Come on, Uncle Moony is waiting for us." Harry jumped off the bed and followed his godfather downstairs to the dining room. Remus was setting the sandwitches on the table and sitting down. Sirius sat beside him and Harry sat across from the two of them.  Sirius and Remus started eating. Harry looked at the sandwich on his plate and then back at his Uncles. 

"What's wrong, cub?" Remus asked, looking at Harry.

"Nothing" said Harry, picking up the sandwich and taking a small bite. Eating the small mouthful made him realize just how hungry he was. He continued to eat the sandwich and ate two more. Remus and Sirius had finished eating already and Harry was finishing the last of his sandwich. Sirius was leaning back in his chair, his hands folded over his stomach, seeming rather content. Remus was quietly sipping at a mug of tea. Harry smiled and realized just how bad the conditions were at the Dursley's. He really had been saved. This really was home. He was very happy that he could say this to  himself after barely even an hour had gone by since he got to the new household.