Author note

Hi!

I really hope you enjoyed this short story!

There are many different variations of the Cinderella story, but for anyone who hadn't picked up on it, I was using the Grimm version as the basis for mine. 

In the Grimm brothers' version of the tale, the evil step-sisters mutilated their feet to fit into the shoe so that they could wed the prince. The eldest cut off her toes first. When her treachery was later discovered, the other sister cut off her heels so that her foot would fit the shoe, instead. 

In the original tale both step-sisters were discovered, Cinderella ended up marrying the prince, and the step-sisters did not have a happy ending! (you will have to read up to find out what happened to them).

As for my story - I'll leave it up to your interpretation as to what happened next.

What do you think?

---

If you like Fairy tale inspired stories I have a slightly less grim (pun intended!) novel length story called Thorn over on Radish Fiction. You can find the link in my Wattpad bio.

 You can find the link in my Wattpad bio

Fairy Godfather Jack must deliver a sleeping curse to college student Rose. But he thinks he's falling in love with her.

Rose has forgotten who she once was. But she recognizes the mysterious new guy on campus. From a dream, or another lifetime, maybe.

As magic awakens and passions ignite, it becomes clear that the fates of both are entwined. And if they can't find a way to break the mysterious curse cast on Rose centuries ago, both their lives will be forfeit. Because they've angered the original Fairy Godmother. And she does not like to be crossed. .  .

---

You might also enjoy my published book, DEVILS INC.

Snarky Angels. Bad boy Omens. Dangerous Demons. And a deal with the Devil. . . 

When I use the free Wi-Fi on a night out, I accidentally sign away my soul to the Devil. Because who reads the terms and conditions, right?

Now, there's an Angel in my bedroom, a morally dubious Bad Omen following me, and I find out I have to intern at Lucifer's LA based Soul Trading company.

I just wanted to get through my pre-law program at college, but now my world has exploded into a supernatural nightmare full of dangerous Demons, Bad boy Omens, snarky Angels, Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and deals with the Devil!

Oh, and someone has triggered the Apocalypse.

So I should probably stop that . . .

---

If you want to come say hi - come find me on social media!

Wattpad/ Twitter / Facebook : LEPalphreyman

Instagram: LaurenPalphreyman

---

Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it!

Lots of love,

Lauren

xx