Sub Chapter 3: The Departure *End of Prologue

Kova

The Departure

I don't know what happened. First they were teaching me about my power, then Rai and Axel just lost it, their eyes started glowing and boom they were fighting. I didn't know what to do, it was too scary. Iris tried to break them up, but she couldn't even get close. I mean, I know my brother is strong but him and Axel were down right monstrous. They were fighting so hard that there was some kind of force field of energy around them that just blew us back as if they didn't want to be interrupted! But then I remembered back to when the robot turned to dust it got on Rai and Axel, but Iris and I were far away. I think that could be it! Then when they knocked each other back I knew for sure they were being controlled. I ran to Iris and let her know and then all of a sudden it got really cold and the trees started to ice over.

And then this lady holding a staff with short dirty-blonde hair and a mid-length blue skirt, wearing a black school uniform appeared. She seemed to be in her early twenties; an owl feathered in light blue and white was on her shoulder. She seemed really familiar. Then I recognized she was Miss. Rune from my English class. Miss. Rune was my favorite teacher and she always helped me when I needed it and she was really pretty and kinda reminded me of my mom. What she did was even more amazing; she froze them both in the middle of their battle of wind versus lightning stopping them in their tracks.

She told Iris and I to lay Rai and Axel down so they can rest. Breaking the silence, she says "Is anyone else hurt?" I checked myself to find out that on my right shoulder the rock shaped tattoo filled in with a brown pattern kind of like how Rai and Iris' tattoo was filled with detail. Ms. Rune looks in shock to realize that her student had a power like hers. "When did you get that mark Kova?"

"About a week ago but I just told Iris and my brother Rai about it last night."

Iris presents her tattoo. "Mine represents fire and Kova's represents Earth, while the other two I'm sure you can figure out." Ms. Rune seemed fascinated and yet troubled about how she is just now hearing of this.

After we told her about our powers and what happened. She listened asking the occasional question, we answered as best as we could. When she mentioned calmly "So you do understand that you need to train for what that cyborg said correct", she had a very proper way of speaking. I knew I had to get stronger and when she said training I knew I could develop my power in some way to cover my weaknesses and help the others. Iris for some reason was zoned out after she said that like she had other problems to deal with, I wonder what she was thinking.

But that wasn't important I responded with a "yes."

Iris came out of her little daze and almost like she wasn't sure responded "um... yea"

We waited for Rai and Axel to wake when our marks started glowing even miss. Rune's mark shined from the back of her neck. Rai and Axel sprang up one rubbing their head the other asking how long they were out Iris let them know and I'm really seeing how dense Axel is but he's so different when he's fighting. I misjudged the guy but he is still a jerk.

Rai

I woke up dazed and confused about where and what happened for the last hour when Kova's teacher is here and she is saying that we need to leave for some place called an academy or something like that. But as I was told I was being controlled into and fought against Axel I wanted to develop my powers to protect against it or at least be able to fight it off, because if there is one thing I hate is being told what to do or being controlled.

Ms. Rune says that we need to leave tomorrow before dawn and to say all of our goodbyes. But I think how hard could that be I mean I really was waiting for things to change at some point and the moment I knew about my power to when I met Iris I knew things were going to change, and I say about time. But knowing Iris and Kova there probably are going to write letters to their family or something. So I headed home and Axel who was still unconscious stayed with Ms. Rune while me and Iris parted our ways for now.