Chapter 2

Third person POV

When Ron arrived back at his dorm, Harry had cried himself to sleep. He just left him, but kept a close eye. He didn't like this, and his mind was set on trying to figure out what was wrong with him. He couldn't figure what it was. He came up with many ideas, 'Maybe he's worried about Voldemort? But he killed him, I saw it with my own eyes! So, not that... Hm.. Maybe he had more nightmares? But before he seemed fine with talking to people about it...' But a small sound, of almost a whimper, caught Ron's attention, and his attention was fully on Harry now. As the boy shifted in his sleep, there was more noises and a strangled sob left his lips, and before Ron registered, Harry was sitting upright in bed, bawling once again. Ron was quick to comfort the boy, and sat on his bed, trying his best to calm him.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Ron asked, but in response just got a shake of a head and a Harry who curled into himself, muttering "Need Sirius and Remus" to himself on repeat. Almost like a broken record. Ron just patted his back until he fell asleep again, and as he did the others whom they were sharing the dorm with piled in to go to bed. And Ron did too, hoping Harry wouldn't wake up again.

He did.

Harry's POV

I woke up, but this time it was pitch black. I was still a mess, but I had somewhat composed myself. I wanted to see Sirius, so bad. He was my only real family right now, along with Remus. I begged them to adopt me, but Remus can't because of how vicious he gets whilst a full moon, and Sirius couldn't because he had been to Azkaban a few years prior. But at least Malfoy would know what it felt like to have no family. Both his parent's had been sent to Azkaban, for obvious reasons. I wonder who he is living with.

I got up, still in uniform as I hadn't got changed, and pulled on my invisibility cloak, grabbing my wand. I slowly walked out, into the halls. No teachers were about, so I pulled off my cloak. Its easier to walk around with it off. I made my way through the halls, nodding to the paintings that were awake, which wasn't many. I turned the corner and collided with someone, I was terrified so I scuttled away.

"Potter." I heard that familiar voice, and I turned my head slowly, looking at him. "Malfoy." My voice was shaky, due to crying so much. He scoffed, "Watch it." And I nodded in response, going to walk past him.

"What are you doing up past curfew anyways?" He snarled, to which I just shrugged and muttered under my breath "Could ask you the same." He cocked his head to the side, poison evident in his voice "What was that?" I was still shaky, and still in pain from the summer, so I legged it, not going very fast, but I ran into Moaning Myrtles bathroom and hid in a stall. I knew he  was following me, but I didn't dare look back.

"I know you're in here, I'll fight you if I have to, get out here." He snarled, and I could picture the position he was standing in, quite clearly in my head, one leg in front of the other, with his wand hand, left hand, pointing out at all the stalls.

I sunk down against the door, and I heard him make a noise that sounded close to "Ah-ha" and his feet walking closer to the door. All of a sudden there was a bang on the door, which caused my head to bang of it and I yelped in pain. Maybe I wasn't as immune to pain as I thought I was. My head kept banging off the door, "Potter! Get out here!" I knew why he was mad, I'd basically sent his entire family to Azkaban.

I  whimpered in defeat and shakily stood up, opening the door. He looked mad, but when his eyes met mine his  face softened, he looked concerned almost.

"Y-yeah?" I managed to stutter out, "Are you okay?" He asked softly, putting his wand away, extending his hand out to me. "Perfect." I stated sarcastically, and he chuckled, Draco Malfoy, chuckled in my presence. "You don't seem it, whats up?" He led us out the bathroom and we slid down against the wall. "Wh-why should I tell you?" I whispered, trying hard not to cry. "Because there's something wrong." He whispered back, "If there was something wrong, I could just go to Ron or Hermione.." I whispered, my voice still not able to get any louder. "But you haven't." He seemed perfectly fine, just, nicer. I liked this side of Malfoy. I shrugged and went to get up.

My head was clouding with the memories. The words that stung, the physical pain, it all came rushing back, and yes I wanted someone to hold me, and yes I wanted to tell someone, but that person was not Malfoy.

"Where are ya going?" He asked, standing up with me. "Bed" It came out very wavy, and I almost cracked, but held it together. I pushed that random urge to fall into him crying away, and he held out his hand once again, "Potter, I know we haven't been on the best of terms, but can we be friends? Or not try to kill each other, at least? Its getting kind of old now." He chuckled dryly and I nodded my head, shaking his hand, "Friends?" He asked, unsurely, "Friends." I concluded, my voice only wavering slightly.

I was back in my bed, nice and warm, tired, but my mind was else where. My brain recollected every memory of the Dursleys it could, all of which being terrible. I wanted to scream. To do anything, but I couldn't. No, Harry Potter must not show his weak side. Never.

I was so lost in my own thoughts I didn't notice the sun rise. Everyone woke up. I was still in uniform. I hid on my bed and waited for everyone to leave, before stripping naked and looking at my body. The cuts and bruises that covered it were so noticeable. I got dressed, feeling horrible, and covered myself as much as possible. I hoped nobody would notice, not until  I told Sirius and Remus.

I went to breakfast and was my usual self, amazing what years of faking can do. "Hey mate, what was up with you yesterday?" Ron asked, concern covering his face. "I had a nightmare on the train that I killed Sirius instead of Voldemort..." I lied quickly, "It just haunted my brain for the rest if the day, but I'm okay now." They both nodded, believing me, and continued eating.

I went to potions, as Professor McGonagall had ordered.

Third period slowly rolled around, and halfway through, a young Hufflepuff knocked on the door. "Professor McGonagall, Professor Dumbledore needs to see Harry in his office right now." And I looked back, as a series of 'Ooh's and 'Ah's occur throughout the room. The Professor nods at me and I slowly leave the room, my mind clouding with thoughts of why he needed me, and as I reach there I speak the password and enter, knocking on the door. "Enter." I heard him from inside, and I did, prepared for the worst.
But it didn't come, instead I was greeted with, "Hey cub." From Sirius, I felt the tears pour as I ran over and hugged him, jumping on him. "I missed you too." He chuckled patting my back. "I shall leave you two." Dumbledore nodded and left us.

"Now, what's been bugging you, Harry?" He asked, but I didn't answer, instead, a shaky "Wh-wheres R-remus?" Left my lips. Sirius chuckled, "He's working, cub. He's trying to get a job back at Hogwarts." And that made me smile, a genuine smile.

"Now answer my question." He sat me next to him, looking me straight in the eye. I broke down crying, again. "D-don't tell!" I sobbed into him, he looked very concerned. "Cub, answer me." He said, wiping my tears.

Two hours later I had explained it all and was now sitting next to him with only my bottom half dressed, as I was showing him the marks that littered my body. He looked outraged, "You are never going back there, Harry." He almost growled, hugging me close into him and I nodded agreeing with him.

I got redressed, and sat with him until Dumbledore came back and they had a long, boring conversation to which I fell asleep instantly. But once I had woken up, Sirius turned to me and stated, "Harry, I'm going to stay here with you, okay?" My face lit up and I nodded, "But I'm going to have to stay in dog form." And I nodded again, "I'm going home to Remus to explain things tonight, so when I come back so will he as Albus has accepted to let him teach here, understand?" I nodded, I was so happy, I hugged him, really tight. "Now, I don't want you leaving your dorm, only for dinner, lunch and breakfast, until Remus brings me to you, understand?" Again, I nodded, this is perfect. But he seemed so concerned, why couldn't I leave my dorm? I wish I hadn't of fallen asleep when they were talking. Maybe I could of heard, but I shrugged my shoulders and hugged Sirius as he flooed home, and I went to dinner, and, at last, getting a full nights sleep.

____________________________________

Finished! Over 1800 words! I feel blessed. I feel like its really shitty and I got super lazy, but its here, my usual chapters range from about 600-1000 words, but sometimes I'll do short little filler chapters, and in other cases, like this one, I'll do super  long ones if something good happens. Y'all got a lil Drarry and some action from the godfathers. And idk where this book is going. It sounds way better in my head, I promise. I'm kinda rushing it though, I hope you don't mind! And uhm, hope you enjoyed!

Bai friends!