Chapter Eight

Moriarty. Jim Moriarty was pacing around my chair. I was tied to it, and was in a state of shock, fear, and anger. I lift my head slowly. His dark hair slicked back, and his chocolate brown eyes showing his evilness to me. My whole body is in pain. The man had beaten me to a pulp.

"Oh, Lynn dearie," He broke the silence through-out the warehouse. "Such a shame you are going to die, but, that's just one choices in our little game." I growl some swear words at him and he grabs my chin, making my head jerk up so our eyes meet.

"The second choice my dear Ms. Chance, is to become my sidekick, every good evil mastermind or hero has one, and Sherlock and John are the two heros, and that leaves you, the third wheel." He hisses at me. Then the unexpected happens. Jim pulls a gun from his breast pocket.  "Now, pick one, me or you die."

"I choose to die." I prepare to be killed, murdered by my ex-fiance.

"Suite yourself. Have fun in Hell, love." He says before I hear a gun shot, the world goes black. One last sentance goes through my mind before I'm gone. No, YOU have fun in hell, psychopath.

***

I wake up in a cold sweat and screaming. John's conforting form is next to me. The blogger isn't asleep though, he's slowly stroking my hair and attempting to comfort me. That nightmare was new to me. I didn't know if Jim would really give me a chance in this big 'game' he insists we take part in. But I'm not willing to give in. I will fight untill the end.

"Lynn, dear, you okay?" The man's voice next to me is soothing and I nod. "Would you be willing to tell me what the dream was about?"

"Yeah, sure. Do you want some tea?" I get up, pulling on my dressing gown. The room is dark and chilly, but I don't really care right now.

"No I wan't you to tell me now, and stop stalling." I groan and plop down onto the bed explaining it all.

--------------------

Eventually I fell back asleep, thinking about Moriarty. A man I thought was harmless when we first met. He was everything a woman wanted, smart, cute, kind. But that was all a show! A God damn show. I wasn't aware of my abilities untill I met Sherlock and John, causin me to think he was normal, ordinary as he would put it. I eventually slipped into another dream, involving Moriarty, fucking Moriarty.

***

I had walked into the supermarket, five years ago, looking for the items on the little post-it note I clutched in my hand. I was thirty-two, and I had a decent job as a detective for Scotland Yard. Greg had been my one of my friends since primary school. Now he was my boss. Imagine that.

I was walk into the dairy isle. I put a half gallon of milk in my cart, but as I'm leaving, I bumb into a man, He looked about my age. Handsome, and had his hair slicked back. His dark brown eyes showed anything but evil.

"Oh God, sorry sir!" I exclaim, helping him up from the ground. He smiles.

"Not a problem.... " He trails off to look at me, "Lynn. I'm Jim, Jim Moriarty." I stare at him, as he extends a hand. I slowly take it.

"How did you know my name?" I stutter, he laughs and points to my badge. Of course! I still had my badge on from work! "Oh, heh... nice to meet you Jim."

"Here, I'd like to get to know you better," He hands me his phone number and walks away. "See you around, Lynn!" He looks back before turning the corner and disspearing from sight.

Now I'm in a resturant, waiting for Jim to arrive, it's been two years since we first met, and we are now a couple. The table I sat at held two candles and a vase of flowers, along with a pair of matching wine glasses. But then Sherlock appears, his dark curly hair sticking to his forehead. He's out of breath, like he came here in a hurry. His face is filled with cuts and sports a black eye. What the hell...

***

I awake, fairly startled. Sherlock was standing before me. I look over to see John was awake as well, as soon as we took a good look at the detective we jump up from the bed in fear, he's been beaten up!

"Sherlock! Are you okay?" I choke out. He nods then collapes onto a chair, obviously exhausted.

"Moriarty's lackies, they jumped me. They said that he's comming for you Lynn." My face becomes hot. Did I hear that right? He's really comming for me? I stood there as John rushed around the flat, looking for the first aid kit. My mind was blank, no comments, ideas why, or plans to stop him. I pull on a pair of dark blue jeans and a white t-shirt.

"I'll be back." I say, exiting the room and jogging down the stairs. I grab my phone and coat.

Jim, I have a game for you, meet me at Angelo's?

Of course, dearie, when ever a game is involved I wiill apear! -JM

----------------------------

 I walk into Angelo's around eight thirty in the morning. Jim is sitting at a window table waving me over, his evil smile on his face. "Well, that was quick." I murmur to myself.

"Ah, Lynn, I haven't seen you in two years! How are you" I roll my eyes and sit down across from Moriarty. Waiting for what ever hell is comming my way.

-----------------------------------

A/N: Sorry it's so short, but I thought instead of Lynn Sherlock and John acting like idiot in this chapter, I'd put Lynn's past with Moriarty in here! I hope you enjoy! -AM