Storm

Erin was nine moths pregnant and about ready to pop. The two boys were ready to come out any day now and at this point it was really just a waiting game.

"The heater went out in Will's apartment so I told him he could stay here for a while." Jay said cradling one year old Everly in his strong arms. She was tired and had her Auburn locks spread across his shoulder. Erin wasn't particularly happy that her daughter looked so much like Jay. She had the piercing blue eyes and the same curly locks though hers was much more red then Jay's was. Erin could only assume that was also from his side of the family because of Will's fire like hair. Erin could only hope that her sons would look more like her because Everly looked so much like Jay. Though the resemblance was minimal she still loved that little one with her whole heart. She also loved Jay so anything that looked like him was a good looking thing.

The knock at the door broke Erin from her thoughts as she stared at a shirtless Jay rocking her little one gently.

"So since I keep telling you that she looks like you and you won't accept the fact I brought baby pictures for proof." Stated Will waving an old photo album in the air.

"Oh my god, Jay as a baby I need to see this!" Erin responded rushing over to greet Will.
The four sat down on the couch Everly now wide awake. Will opened the album to show the first picture which only had one baby. The adorable red hair giving away which brother it was. "Awww, you were so cute. I need more." Cheered Erin causing Will to flip the page. In the picture was Will who was maybe three was holding a tiny bundle of joy. A giant smile appeared on everyone's faces as Will once again flipped the page.

This time Jay was about six months old. He was tucked into his moms side, her lips attached to his tiny forehead and a huge toothless smile plastered on his face. The next picture showed Jay at about a year old holding a small toy train with a four year old Will by his side smiling to his hearts content.

"These are absolutely adorable. Will's right she does look like you." Everly poked her little head out from her father's side and looked at the old worn down photo. She looked at Jay in the picture and pointed.

"Me?" She asked and the adults began to laugh.

"Nope that's Daddy!" Explained Erin tickling the little ones belly. "See even she sees it." Chuckled Erin feeling a small cramp in her stomach but brushing it of when it went away a moment later.

The next couple pictures were very similar family pictures but one picture really caught Erin's eye. Will and Jay were 9 and 6 both had their arms wrapped around each other. They were outside and on a doc behind the cabin in Wisconsin. With no shirts you could see all the bruises the boys had on them . Jay's stomach was black and blue, Will's arm nearly purple and both had dark splotches on their legs.

"Can I see that?" She asked removing the picture from the plastic cover. Erin examined the picture closer seeing the hand like imprints on Jay's legs. Will stood up and grabbed Everly telling Erin and Jay that they needed to talk.

"Jay? Why didn't you tell me?" She asked sadly seeing his eyes fill with tears. Her small arms wrapped around his burly body and he simply broke down in her embrace. "Shh. It's okay I'm here. You're okay." She explained soothingly. Will reappeared in the hallway watching his baby brother breakdown. He knew that Jay got the worst of the abuse so instead of hiding that picture he put it in the book knowing that Erin would find it. She was the best person to help Jay through this.

Erin turned on the weather trying to see when the storm would break. Jay had since calmed down and had Erin laying in his protective grasp one arm around her the other resting atop her belly feeling each kick that was given by his sons. Unfortunately they had learned that they were snowed in for the next couple of days and weren't going anywhere due to the severity of the snow storm.

"I love you" Jay confessed.

"Oh my god you have got to be kidding me right now." She said angrily. He looked at her with wild eyes confused at her response. "Not you babe I love you too but my water just broke" she said looking down at her soaked pants and then up to Jay with a nervous smile.