Chapter 8

Hey Guys, sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but this is it. This is the final chapter of this series of one-shots. If you enjoy it, please leave a like, and comment down below what your favourite part was, it could be from either Organised Protection, or The Thin Grey Line. Anyways, here's the chapter, and I hope you enjoy!

________________________

Kuroda wasn't the type of guy to curse often, and when he actually did, that was a testament to just how bad the situation was.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." Three curse words, each with varying amounts of emotion. Anything else he said was unable to be heard, but considering his dark expression, there wasn't much room for doubt that it was something vulgar.

This was a really bad situation.

Seamstress wasn't making his nerves any better. Her goddamn nails were clacking on the table, and each tap wore away a bit more of Kuroda's dangerously thin patience. "Dabi's on his way with the kid." She informed after checking her phone. "They'll be here in another minute or two.

"Great, great," Kuroda grumbled, running a hand - his only hand - down his face. "This is just a shitstorm."

"Of epic proportions." Seamstress agreed, "But this isn't the time to freak out. You're the old Kuroko, act like it."

Kuroda growled.

"Don't take that tone with me."

There was a knock at the door, cutting off any reply he could have made. A little bit of his stress abated when he opened the door to the semi-anxious face of his student. "Kid." He propped the door open with his shoulder and ruffled Izuku's hair. "Get in, there's a lot of stuff you need to get filled in on."

The room's air was oppressive. Dabi was sitting next to Seamstress, crossing his arms. Izuku sat next to Kuroda. Kuroda could have made some excuse for it, but he didn't really have the energy. The kid was nervous, so was Kuroda. They took comfort in each other's presence.

"You know how Shigaraki was being kept in a high-security prison?" Kuroda asked the kid. "Well, he isn't anymore." Might as well just get to the point.

"What he means to say is that someone broke him out. Someone you might have talked to before your death match with that blond kid." Seamstress added. "What do you know about a man that goes by the name 'Sensei'?"

Izuku didn't remain shocked for long - something that Kuroda was glad for. "He had Kurogiri bring me to a room with a lot of screens. He...ah...offered me a Quirk."

The room went silent.

"What?" Kuroda asked, not even bothering to hide his shock.

"He said he had a Quirk that could take and give other Quirks." Izuku clarified. "That's how he made the Noumus. Apparently humans with Quirks...don't react well to having another one introduced."

"Jesus Christ." Seamstress muttered, "We had rumours running around, of course. But this-"

"This is bad." Kuroda finished. "This is really bad."

Dabi pitched in. "So, this Sensei guy broke old and dusty out of prison. What does that mean in the long run?"

"Shigaraki knows who I am." Izuku said, "Sensei was the one who released my info, but Shigaraki is the one unstable enough to actively go after me."

Dabi shrugged. "So we just up the security, so what?"

"After what I did? He'll go after anybody to get to me." Izuku's hands clenched. "My friends, you, mom...all of them."

Kuroda wasn't having any of that. "Don't freak out, kiddo." He said, "We're not on our own anymore."

Seamstress frowned. "You're really thinking about telling the school about this?"

"I am."

"If you do, I can't offer any more help." She said, crossing her arms, "It'd be too risky."

"You've already done more than enough," Kuroda said. She really had, there was no telling how much Kuroda owed her now. "I'll text you when I plan to bring it up so you can get your people out of the area before the heroes pick up their patrol hours."

Her eyebrows scrunched tight, and she didn't look too pleased about it, but Seamstress gave in. "Fine." She looked to Dabi, "Looks like your bodyguard stint is over."

Izuku sat up, "Thank you." He said, making eye contact with both Seamstress and Dabi. "There's no telling what would have happened if you hadn't stepped in. I can't go on patrols anymore - my teachers are watching me like a hawk - but if you guys ever need any help, I'll do my best."

Seamstress waved a hand, "Don't sweat it kid, we didn't do this because we were asked, we did this because we wanted to. Despite the whole vigilante thing, you're a good kid." Her lips pulled into a smile, "But you didn't hear that from me."

That moment, Kuroda was able to fully appreciate the situation at hand. Izuku had never asked for anyone to protect him, he would rather take the threat head-on than risk someone else getting hurt over him. But he didn't ask. A good portion of the villain population saw what he did. He took a stand where other's would have sat back. Izuku had inspired hardened criminals, people who society had given up on, to rally and help him. All without saying a word.

Maybe it was for the best that he was becoming a hero now. With that kind of ability, Izuku could make a huge impact on Japan - society as a whole. This kid wasn't afraid to call things out, hell, the radio incident was a prime example of that.

Looking to Izuku, who had begun to talk to Dabi about homework (of all things), Kuroda knew.

There was no telling what would happen next. 'Sensei' was still lurking, and with Shigaraki on the run, it was anyone's game. Even so, Izuku had one hell of a chance, and Kuroda knew that it was game on.