5 | worried

"Just give me a second

"Just give me a second." Hayley spoke as she took out her phone. Owen looked at her confused but didn't say anything. Hayley was quick to dial the number she needed and the person on the other side was quick to pick up. "Zack?" Hayley spoke softly.

"Aunt Ley." Zack replied but the line was receiving some interference and that she didn't like.

Hayley sighed in relief as she grabbed onto Owens arm, "Thank god. Where are you and Gray? Are you both alright?"

The interface continued as Zack replied before the connect was cut, "We're fine. Don't worry."

"Zack? Gray? Zack?!" Hayley yelled frantically as she looked at her phone before her knees gave out. Owen was quick to catch her but didn't have time to reply as Claire caught up to them.

"Hayley? Owen? I need you. I need your help. Okay. My nephews, they're out in the Valley. Please, if anything happens to them..." Claire spoke frantically.

"Wait, they're out in the Valley?" Hayley asked but Claire pretty much ignored her as she looked at Owen who still had his arms wrapped around Hayley.

"How old?" Owen asked.

"The older one, he's high school age. The younger one, he's... He's a few years..." Claire sighed as Hayley looked at her in disbelief.

"You don't know how old your nephews are?" Owen scoffed.

Hayley sighed as she gripped Owen's arms who in turn looked at her, "Zach is seventeen, is almost six foot, and is a junior in high school. Gray is thirteen, like 5'2, and is an eighth grader."

Owen looked at Hayley before nodding. "Let's go get my favourite nephews."

Owen held Hayley's hand as they drove through the Valley

Owen held Hayley's hand as they drove through the Valley. The two females hadn't spoken a word to each other as Hayley was still angry and Claire knew better than to piss her off even more. Hayley refused to look at her as she knew she'd start yelling at the redhead.

"We will find them. If they're anything like you, they'll be fine. Unless anything tells us different, they're okay." Owen spoke to reassure Hayley. She knew he was trying but the boys meant the world to her and she couldn't stop worrying about them. She nodded her head before Owen stopped the car. "Stay here," he spoke to Claire before they got out of the car. Owen slung his gun over his shoulder while Hayley adjusted the knife on her waist.

They slowly walked towards the Apatosaurus as Hayley choked back a sob, walking towards her head and knelt down before she carefully placed her hands on her head. The Apatosaurus took a shaky breath as Hayley inspected her. She had gashes all over her neck from the Indominus, she was dying and Hayley was having a hard time not crying for the poor animal. Hayley softly stroked her skin, "Shh girl it's okay."

Her breathing grew more uneven as Owen knelt on the other side of her head and tried to calm her down as much as he could. Hayley noticed that Claire had walked over to them and placed her hands on it's head as well. A few tears ended up rolling down her cheeks, "It's okay, you can let go girl."

She breathed one final breath before her head fell back to the ground. Hayley wiped her tears away with the back of her hand as she stood up and walked in the opposite direction. When she reached the edge of the hill her eyes widened, hands quickly covered her mouth. She turned her head slightly, "Owen, you've got to see this."

Hayley stared wide eyed at the massacre in front of her as she saw Owen and Claire come up besides her. Owens body stiffened as he sighed, "She's killing for sport."

Claire gasped, "Oh my god."

Hayley sighed, "Sweet Jesus we are screwed."