13 | future

"Stop hovering

"Stop hovering." Hayley groaned as her brother stood by her bed side. Gray, Zach and Owen were stood on the other side of her bed, watching the scene in front of them. As much as Hayley loved her brother, he never understood the concept of personal space.

"I just worry about you." Scott shrugged.

Hayley rolled her eyes, "Just go help your wife get the boys' things. I'm not going anywhere."

"That she won't be." Owen interjected. Hayley rolled her eyes as she looked at her boyfriend. That's right, boyfriend. Owen was a man of few words but he had gotten the courage to make it official between them and she couldn't be happier. Besides, the boys loved having him around as he was another male figure in their lives. He was a good edition to the family and Scott even liked him, Scott never liked any of her boyfriends.

Scott pouted before pressing a kiss to his head, walking away, Zach and Gray following after him. Hayley loved her family but right now, she just needed some rest. She needed to clear her head and figure out her next move, a next move she wanted to take with Owen by her side.

Hayley plopped down unto the bed, looking up when she heard Owen laugh, "What's so funny?"

Owen shook his head, "Nothing, beautiful. How are you feeling?"

"Tired. The pain in my back is gone and my head doesn't hurt anymore. Lay with me please?" Hayley pleaded softly. Owen didn't hesitate as he laid down on the bed next to her, gathering her in his arms, holding her close to him.

"Hayley!" A voice yelled, running towards them. Hayley shot up on the bed as soon as she realised who was coming towards them. Owen could feel her shaking in his arms, tightening his hold on her. Hayley was grateful for Owen but she knew he was confused. She wanted to tell him the truth but it wouldn't be easy.

"Adam, what the hell are you doing here?"

The man rolled his eyes, "I'm your fiancée, of course I would be here for you. Who's this guy?"

Hayley scoffed, "You are not my fiancée, at least not anymore. You don't get to emotionally, mentally and physically abuse and think you can get away with it. I left because I didn't want to be with you anymore. I'm happy and you best believe you're not going to ruin that for me. Security!" A moment later security came through the door, escorting Adam out of the room, kicking and screaming.

"I'm proud of you." Owen spoke from behind her.

Hayley turned to look at him confused, "What do you mean?"

"I know that most have not been easy for you but in the short time I've known you, I know you're a fighter, a survivor. You sure make it easy to fall for you woman." Owen smiled.

"Is that so?" Hayley smirked.

Owen chuckled, "Yeah, how do you feel about seeing how hard you can make me fall and ride off into the sunset."

"Sounds like a plan."

THE END!