Chapter 1: A Not So Chance Encounter

The day started as usual, i woke up to the dimness of my assigned room, which never got much light due to the forest of birch blocking the rising sun. I checked the other side of my door for my first mission of the day. There it was, posted in its usual incomprehensible state scribbled with nonsense. "What the hell does this say?" I questioned hoods, in which he only shrugged in response. I dont know hoodies real name, just the annoyingly ominous nickname. To much of his dismay, i know masky's real name, which i guess he never really felt the need to keep hidden. "Tim, help me decipher your chisk-chiks chi-" i stumbled over my words, this was my bodies little heads up for tics. "Chicken-scratch, Toby." Tim looked up momentarily from his extensive mapping of victims. "Yeah th-" before i could finish my little remark, a small screeching sound came from my mouth. This became normal, and only really phased newcomers. "1356 vineyard drive, marietta georgia. Recruiting mission. Serial killer who decided to take on the ridiculous title 'clockwork' have fun, should be easy enough." Tim always has this unamused monotone that carried with him, it was kind of depressing.
I prepared my equipment to recruit at the relatively close location. Because of the operators little "caste system", i have a convenient ability to aid me in my work, teleportation. I don't question the science of it, but we have a sort of reset time to it. Its like if you used a battery and it would charge from lack of use for an amount of time. Because of this, we refer to it as charge. Because higher ranks get more charge in less time, we're used for long distance kills, or recruiting. With my gear i disappeared to the exact location and waited.
The time was 3:14 pm. The only person entering the house at this time would be the girl who was to be targeted by a large organization of serial killers. Everything was according to plan, but something felt off. She was meticulous about her planning, nobody could know about when or how she was going to do it. But she felt the presence of someone. She couldn't go back now, the cameras picked her up here, if she left now and didn't go through the house, her escape without cameras picking her up would be jacked, she proceeded. "Its only a feeling" she told herself to comfort her insatiable paranoia. The house was small, the home of a drug addict, a panhandler whose family hadn't had contact in years. Nobody except maybe his dealer would ever notice he was dead. Its a shame, he had a similar upbringing to her, but he put his negative energy in the back of his mind, hidden by methamphetamine. He sat on his couch, back turned to her. The floor was riddled with garbage there was no sneaking up to him, and knowing that there was no way she could beat him in combat, she used her quick reflexes to sprint and grab the mans neck from the back. He began wriggling madly, she mercifully slit his throat and shoved him to the floor. He laid there with a glazed look on his lifeless face. The girl let out a little sigh "your time is up" she said in an almost annoyed tone. "Well thats just cheesy" said a voice from behind her. She whipped around to see a man. His face was entirely covered, but it was clear he was much more physically capable than her. She made a run for the back sliding door that wouldn't budge. She broke the glass with a nearby chair. The man calmly grabbed her by the back of the neck and pulled her in. Turning her to face him he got a good look at her face. His face turned stone. He was speechless, he knew her. He knew this girl from his childhood. She lived two doors down from him. "Natalie Ouellette." The girl gave a look of confusion. How did he know her name? "Natalie fucking Ouellette!" He gave a small chuckle. "Whats wrong?! You don't fucking recognize me?!" He paused sarcastically. "Of course you don't!" She began kicking and quirming erratically. He gripped her neck tighter causing her to wince. They disappeared and appeared in a forest like setting in a literal blink of an eye. And then he disappeared. Stranded in the woods, Natalie began walking to find her way out.