IV.

Y/n's POV

Sleeping next to someone feels new to me, I didn't know Gal likes to hug people when she's sleeping.

I didn't sleep at all but I'm not gonna tell her that. The way her eyes flutter or how she sometimes mumble words when she sleeps is adorable. Everything's adorable about her.

I feel her hand sneaking to my waist pulling me closer to her. I looked up at Gal, how can someone look so angelic? I slowly caressed her cheek not trying to wake her up. I am slowly falling for this girl I know it. My heart beats fast whenever I look at her of think of her, the butterflies on my stomach comes to life. The thought of her makes me smile.

I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist leaning closer to her, closing my eyes and slowly drifting to sleep.

Gal's POV

I woke up with someone's steady breathing on my neck, I slowly moved my head to look at y/n, she's so peaceful while sleeping being near her makes my heart beats fast. I don't know how we end up being this close but I love it. This makes me happy.

Looking at the window I silently sighed to myself when y/n wakes up she'll going for a run with the other guys on our group. I don't want her to, I'm scared. I know she's strong and she's capable of killing a dozen of those freaks but there are men out there trying to kill other survivors for food and to rule. I tried to convince her to stay last night or at least let me join then but she won't let me.

I carefully slipped out of the bed, not waking y/n I covered her with our blanket up to her shoulders before wearing one of her jackets and going out to the campgrounds where everyone's busy doing there own chores and some eating breakfast.

Few of them greeted me and offered me food, I gladly took it then started eating.
As I was chatting with a few people I saw y/un who looks like he just came out from his room. Thinking about y/n I slowly approached him.

"Hey y/un, um... do you think you can get y/n to stay here instead?"

He looked at me and smiled. "Well good morning to you too Gal, and to answer your question no."

I was about to say something when he continued while staring to make his coffee

"Y/n is a stubborn girl, she'll do anything to help our little community that we made here. I tried to stop her numerous times before but she stuck with her decision. Want some?"

I nodded my head when he offered me a cup of coffee, I asked him another question as he pours the hot water on the cup.

"What if she gets in trouble? I'm scared for her y/un, what if the men that are searching for me finds her? What if—" y/un stopped me from saying anything further and gave me my coffee

"Gal, y/n is strong. She can handle it out there. I saw her fight. Many outsiders tried to ruin our community but y/n, along with the other fighters that are with her beat them. Trust me... no, trust in y/n. She knows what she's doing. They won't be out for long anyways. They'll just look for more supplies or survivors then come back home." He smiled at me reassuringly before he makes his way to his post.

Sighing I sit on the chair and took a cigarette from the table lightly it up. Blowing the smoke out in the air I tried to relax my mind.

As I'm about to bring the stick back to my lips, someone took it out from my fingers. I look up and there's the goddess herself, y/n.

"You know smoking can kill you right?" She sat next to me and took my cup from the table and takes a sip.

"It's nothing, I'm just thinking" I said leaning on the chair, smiling at her.

"Thinking, hmmm. About what?" She looked at me curiously waiting for me to answer.

I sighed and looked into her eyes.

"I don't want you to go back out there y/n. I'm scared."

Y/n stops for a second then looks at me. She smiles softly and takes my hands, I can feel my face heating up, I looked down to hide it but she lifted my chin up to look into my eyes and started to speak softly.

"Gal, I'll be fine I promise. I won't let anyone or any freak hurt me and my team. We'll go back safe and sound. I promise you that. Okay?"

I squeezed her hand gently and nodded my head. She smiled at me softly and leaned forward to kiss my forehead. I smiled at her gesture and closed my eyes.

I'm really falling for her, fast.

Y/n's POV

I was not thinking straight when I kissed her forehead but it felt good. I love having her close to me. They way she blushes when I took her hand, God! I thought I was imagining things. That might mean I might actually have a chance with her.

I looked at Gal and smiled at her and there she is blushing and being her cute self. We went to eat our breakfast and thought her a couple of things about the whole camp before my friend Shawn called me.

"Hey y/n, Tom said we need to get ready. I already sharpened your knife for you, go and gear up pal." I nodded my head and thanked Shawn.

I looked at Gal who still has worry written all over her face.

"Wanna help me get ready and gear up?" She slowly smiled and nodded her head. I took her hand and led her to our room.

I went to my armor set and started gearing up. Gal went to me and helped me put on the other parts, I faces her and gave her a sweet smile as I thank her.

"Good luck y/n, stay safe for me." She said. I nodded my head and smiled once again

"I'll stay safe I promise you." Gal stepped closer to give me a hug and then kissed my cheek after. I felt my cheeks heating up, I was about to speak when Tom appeared on our doorway.

"Y/n we're ready to go, Shawn's outside with your weapons, let's go."

I nodded at Tom and went to look at Gal.

"They're all waiting,  let's go." She took my hand and led me outside to where the other runners are, she stood right in front of me and looked at me in the eye.

"Be back here safe and sound or else you won't get your reward."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her curiously. "And what reward is that?"

Gal shook her head and smiled at me.

"Well you need to get back home safe and sound before you can find out." I smiled and took my gun and knife from Shawn.

"Then I promise I'll be back safe." I kissed her cheek before walking toward the other runners, I smiled at Gal before running pass the gates of our community and out on the dead zone.

— — — — — — — — —
A/n:
Hallo!!
I know this chapter is short. Again.
Sorry about that, college has been kicking my ass these past few days. I hope you guys understand.

Thank you! ❤️
-Acoline