The Symptoms - chapter 4

Jessica's POV: I kept tossing and turning all night. It's so hard to sleep when your chest feels like it's on fire and my head was pounding. Also my arm was burning... I don't know why I'm in so much pain. I don't remember what happened yesterday, it's all a blur... hopefully Jeff tells me what happened last night. I look around, but I don't see Jeff in the room with me. I slowly sit up and I hold my head. It is pounding like crazy.... it makes me not want to get out of bed. I get out of bed anyways since I was curious to know where Jeff was. I open the door and I slowly make my way down the stairs, a sweet aroma fills my nose. I was really hungry, so I decided to eat something. I go to the kitchen and I notice that Jeff was making something. "Good morning", I said yawning. Jeff looks over at me and was surprised to see me out of bed.

Jeff's POV: Once I got up this morning, I decided to make something for breakfast. I didn't want to wake Jessica, so I let her sleep a while longer. I was making some waffles for me but I was also making some for Jessica. I was busy making them when all of a sudden I heard someone say "good morning". I look over and saw that Jessica had gotten out of bed. I was surprised to see her up knowing that she wasn't feeling good. She still didn't look so good. "Good morning Jess", I go over and kiss her. She smiled, kissing me back. "How are you feeling?", I ask feeling a bit worried. "I don't know... I'm in a lot of pain... my chest burns, the same goes for my arm and my head is pounding", she told me sadly. She's been feeling like this ever since Victoria took control of her body and after I stabbed Victoria's heart. I honestly don't know what to do for Jess. It might be best if I didn't tell Jessica what happened last night... I will tell her when she's feeling better but I don't how she if would handle the truth.

Jessica's POV: I suddenly felt dizzy... and my legs felt like jelly. I collapsed to my knees and Jeff quickly came to my side. "You should've stayed in bed, I was going to bring you breakfast while you were still in bed", Jeff said worriedly. I didn't know what to say. All I know is that something bad must've happened last night and caused me to be this way. I want to ask Jeff what happened but I don't know if I can handle the truth. I take a deep breath and ask him, "what happened last night?". Jeff looked at me but then quickly looked away. "Do you really want to know what happened?", Jeff looked very sad but also angry at the same time. "Yes, I want to know the truth... then maybe we can cure whatever is wrong with me", then Jeff looks at me once again. He sighs and hugs me tightly. I slowly hug back knowing that whatever happened was very bad. We sit there hugging each other for a long time and after we pull away, he sighs once more. Jeff looks like he wants to cry but then he starts to tell me everything that happened last night. Everything that he said didn't make sense to me and I was trying to piece everything together in my head. I was in shock..... but I guess this was bound to happen. Once he was finished....  he starts to cry. Jeff said that he saw a pentagram on my arm, so I checked my left arm and didn't see anything. So I check the other arm and that's when I saw it.... it was as if it was burned into my arm. Maybe that's why my arm was burning.... but I want to know why my chest is burning along with my head hurting really bad. I suddenly get dizzy again... but it was worse than before and I end up passing out.... right there on the kitchen floor in front of Jeff.

Jeff's POV: After I told her everything.... I started to cry. Everything just happened too fast and I almost lost Jessica. What I saw last night wasn't the Jessica I came to know and love. Victoria turned Jessica into a demon and took control of her body. Now Jessica is sick and I don't know if she is going to get worse. I'm not even sure if she is still a demon or not.... I still to check that. I wasn't even focused on Jessica since I was crying and collecting my thoughts when all of a sudden she passed out. I panicked and I picked her up bringing her upstairs. I go inside her room and put her down on the bed. This is definitely getting worse..... I probably have to take her to see Dr. Smiley when she wakes up. Hopefully this sickness doesn't kill Jessica..... I still wanna marry her and maybe have a family with her. I can't lose her... I just can't.