C H A P T E R F I V E

I look at Sandra, Lindsey, and Amy as they stare me down with their glaring eyes. I internally laugh at Amy who's just practically following them like the little puppy-dog she is.

Sandra takes a threatening step closer to me and I mimic her movement in the opposite direction. "I know who you are," she says, taking yet another step towards me and I cowardly back away.

"Did you really think a mask could hide you from us?" Sandra asks with a questioning look. She notices that I'm not going to answer and decides to do so herself, "No."

"We know that you're Annie," Lindsey says, taking a few steps forward so that she could be standing to the side of Sandra. "I actually thought that you would go running to your mommy to ask her to homeschool you after what happened, but here you are..."

I scowl internally at Lindsey for bringing my mom into this - whatever this is - even though it wasn't offensive or anything, but that doesn't mean she could use such emphasis on the word mommy.

Amy walks to the other side of Sandra, staring at me with hatred in her eyes. "We're going to make sure your experiences of high school turns out to be horrible, worse than what we did to you back in middle school."

Sandra laughs fakely. "Do you remember, Annie? How your precious ex-boyfriend was all over me and not you? How he cheated on you with me, your best friend?" she says, sounding more devious than she already is.

I close my eyes, not wanting the tears to spill uncontrollably in front of them; not wanting them to have the pleasure of seeing me cry. All the memories of what they did to me start to cloud my mind, causing me to zone out only for a few seconds when suddenly, I'm shoved against a locker, hitting my back against the hard lock. I wince in pain, opening my eyes to stare at Sandra with tears in them, but all she does is glare at me with hate.

"Why won't you talk? Is it because of that stupid mask you're wearing? Say something!" she yells as some students walk by, staring at us as they head in the direction of the exit to the school. Some other students stop to video the scene that seems very entertainable as they laugh.

I close my eyes again as Sandra shoves me into the locker, this time causing me to slide down it and on to the floor. I couldn't hold it in any longer with almost the whole school crowding us and the pain in my back starting to ache painfully. I bring my knees to my chest, resting my head down on them, and start to cry quite loudly, pouring out all my feelings with tears.

While crying, I wonder where the teachers could be, or where anyone, who should be in charge of the school's campus, are. Why are they not here to stop this bullying? I think back to what Lindsey had said. Maybe I should consider being homeschooled.

"Oh, look, the baby is crying," Lindsey says, making Amy laugh.

"This is only the beginning," Sandra says and I can feel her presence coming closer, her shadow hovering over me. "With much more to come," she whispers to me harshly.

I was only crying for a few moments when I hear someone's voice interrupt my cries.

"What's going on here?" says Chance.

I don't know why, but I suddenly have this weird feeling of happiness that he's here to save me from this group of girls, and from all the embarrassment of the crowd watching as I get bullied.

He's like a superhero to me, only for now.

I look up to find Chance already looking at me with his sad, dark eyes. I quickly turn my head to look in another direction, so that he doesn't have to look anymore at my ugly form.

"Chance, babe," Sandra spins around, sounding out of breath all of a sudden. "It's not what it looks like..."

My head snaps back in their direction to look at them, Sandra now facing in the other direction to look at Chance.

Babe...?

"Are you sure? Because what I'm seeing right now is my girlfriend bullying an innocent girl," Chance states darkly, looking her square in the eye.

Girlfriend...?

While they talk to each other about what's happening, information suddenly came crashing at me. Chance and Sandra are dating. No wonder why she's being so harsh on me, I'm partnered with her boyfriend to do some homework. The rumor of both Chance and I is all over the school and so she wants to use this bullying, and the crowd with their videos, to try and cover it all up.

It all makes sense now.

Quickly, I'm on my feet, walking away from everyone now that all their focus is on Chance and Sandra. I push through the thick crowd of students as they look curiously at the scene, happy that there's another drama after the other.

Chance seems to have taken notice that I'm not by the lockers anymore, because I now hear him calling my name as I finally got through the crowd, walking towards the exit of the school. Now that I'm not being bullied anymore and everything has cooled down, the crowd of students has broken up with some of them leaving rude comments as they walk past me.

I keep walking at a fast pace, hoping that my mom is on time so that I can just jump into the car and get away from this school.

Suddenly a hand grasps my arm, stopping me from walking any further. I turn around, me and Chance's eyes meeting momentarily as I quickly break the eye contact and look down at the floor, feeling a bit nervous all of a sudden.

"I'm sorry for what my girlfriend has done to you," he says, letting go of my arm. I look up at him. He shouldn't be apologizing, it's not his fault... It's his girlfriend's.

I nod my head and turn around to leave, but is again stopped by him. I face him again to see a small smile curving his lips upwards.

"Since we're partnered together on a homework assignment, we have to work together. So I'm inviting you over to my house to work on it," he says, taking a small folded piece of paper from his front pocket. "Here," he holds the paper out for me to take it and I do so.

I unfold it to find his number written on it along with a winky face. I look up at him and tilt my head slightly.

"Text me," he says with a wink and turns around to walk away.

I fold the paper back to the way he had folded it and push it into my back pocket. As I walk away, I couldn't help the small smile that has slid onto my face without my permission.

* * *

A/N:

Yes! *grins* Another update! *now starts to dance*

What do you think of this chapter? Lmao, I know, you hate those three girls. Me too! But let's not think about them too much, Chance is too cute that he's got me squealing! Lol.

Do you like it that Chance and Sandra are dating? I find them so cute together...

Not!

Do you think Annie will text Chance? ;)

Thanks for reading! You're like seriously the best! :D

- Tanya <3

P.S. Sorry for the long wait! XD