C H A P T E R S I X T E E N (part 2)

Chance and I stand outside of the school near the gymnasium.

It turned out that Chance's mom, Lana, was the one to drop us off at school. Of course, like my mom, she also wanted tons of pictures of me and Chance. She literally talked the whole ride about staying away from bad kids and if we see anyone doing something that they're not supposed to be doing, walk away and not get involved. Sounds like something I hear almost every day from my mom.

Standing not too far from the gym, I can hear the blaring sound of the music. The music pulses in my ear almost as if I'm already inside the gym. Cups are scattered everywhere with a bit of liquid dripping from them or a pool of the liquid surrounding them. There are just a few students outside but at a far distance from where I am standing, holding cups of drinks in their hands.

"Are you ready to head inside?" Chance asks me, my arm looped around his.

I look at him with a smile, drawing my attention from my surroundings to him. "Yeah, let's go."

The both of us start walking up to the doors of the gymnasium. I move my arm from around Chance's as he opens the door for me to walk in. I walk inside and instantly, I think I'm going to go deaf from my eardrums beating so hard in my ears.

Students dance, moving their bodies to the beat. There are girls wearing tight dresses with such tall high heels, they look like they're about to fall over. The girls are either dancing with their dates or having a make-out session while bodies move against them. I notice a few adults, maybe 2 - 3, standing in the corners to make sure nothing goes wrong, or if anything illegal is happening. They seem to not be doing a great job at that because they don't seem to be caring about their surroundings.

Chance holds my hand and leads me through the crowd. He leads me to a sitting area with white tables and chairs. We sit down with other freshmen, watching the crowd of students as they dance and have fun.

"I'll-" Chance yells but gets cut off by another yelling voice.

"Chance!" someone says and I look up to find that it's Chad, who's Chance's old friend and also the one to bully me on the first day of school. He's wearing a black suit with a button-down shirt and a bow tie underneath.

Chad sees me looking at him and sends me a charming smile, "Hey there, Annie."

I smile at him, then look at Chance, who doesn't look very happy to see him. "You should go talk to him," I say, hoping he'd take my advice.

Chance moves his gaze from Chad and looks at me. He nods his head and stands up. "I'll be right back," he assures me and walks away with Chad following.

I sit for a while, deciding to wait until Chance gets back that I'll start having fun like any other human being here. But, noticing that he's probably having a long talk with his old best friend, I change my mind, getting up from where I was sitting to go have a drink of some punch.

I stand by the table that has a bowl of punch with treats and food surrounding it. I lift the big spoon, pouring the liquid into my cup. I finish pouring my drink into my cup and turn around to face the crowd. I step a few feet away from the eating area and start drinking. I finish my drink and see two girls walking towards me; Amy and Lindsey.

They both have a smirk on their faces as they make their way over to me.

Amy is wearing a two-piece outfit that's pink and the lace being white. Her hair is up in a ponytail and she's wearing white heels. Lindsey is wearing a simple red dress with black heels, her hair is also up in a ponytail like Amy's, but the end is curly.

They both look rather simple, but of course, Sandra has to ruin the moment as she makes her grand entrance by walking in the middle of both Amy and Lindsey.