Chapter 5

Jack

"Thanks, Wanda. You've been most helpful," I said, hoping to conclude our meeting. She was a sales rep from Brantford Organics. Nothing but the best for my restaurant. I rolled my head from side to side in an effort to release some tension. That's all I did lately; meetings, meetings and more meetings. My hands instinctively opened and closed; restless. I wanted to be doing shit, not sitting around talking about it.

At least Wanda was quick and to the point, not to mention fucking hilarious. The woman's a bit old for me and she looked to be a tad high maintenance. But if I were a different kind of man... Well, I'm not so no reason to even go there.

"This is going to work out great, Jack," she flashed her bright white smile at me. "I'm excited about you opening this new restaurant and I have no doubt Brentford can supply you with the best possible produce for your masterpieces," she said as she pulled out her phone. "Say, a thought," she looked up at me and squinted with a hint of devilishness in her eyes, "A bunch of us are meeting over at Venue. Are you interested?" Her head tilted in flirty question.

Fuck no. I had absolutely no interest in going anywhere else tonight. I'd been up since 5am, and all I wanted to do was sit zoned-out with a good (bad?) Romcom while I fall into a trance on my couch. "Uh, I think I'll pass this time, but thanks," I told her. It was a lie, but a nicety all the same. Never would I mix business with pleasure. Not again, anyway. Once bitten, twice shy...and all that.

Venue was the nightclub attached to my restaurant, The Vine. We shared a common hallway at the back entrance, but that was about all we shared. Venue was a pick-up joint, but my restaurant? Fine dining at its best. Not to say I haven't enjoyed walking over after work on occasion or two...hundred. In my work, crazy hours are a given, and a guy needs to blow off some steam every so often. Right?

She stood and offered her hand. All class, that one. I watched her ass as she walked away, because that was one fine, voluptuous ass and it deserved to be admired. Wanda would make some lucky sonofabitch very happy oneday.

Wanda and her noteworthy ass turned the corner to Venue and I sighed. In days gone past, I would have been all over that ass. What was wrong with me?

Completely exhausted, I sat at my table for a while, contemplating the meeting and trying to find the energy to stand. I looked up and my heart stopped when I spotted the most gorgeous creature standing at the hostess station, looking helplessly lost.

Silently, I begged the universe to make her walk over to me and sit down. Perhaps right on my lap? Fuck but she was the whole glorious package; great tits and ass, plus legs that went on for fucking miles. Damn but I would love to run my hands... and my tongue up those beauties and...yeah. Down boy. Control yourself before you and your pants make a scene.

I adjusted myself as covertly as possible. How long had it been since I'd freed the beast? Too long, apparently.

Damn. I guess the universe still didn't give a shit because she and her hot friend turned to walk down the hall. They must be going to the nightclub.

*********************

Harper

Vanessa and I walked into the bar and the more I looked around, the more certain I was that this was not where we were supposed to be. Elegant, white tablecloths lined the tables and a single candle sat atop each one; the flames dancing and illuminating the faces of the diners. Bold, colorful art filled the dark maroon walls. This was not a bar.

The hostess walked up to us and pointed us in the right direction, and off we went. I was careful not to catch my heels in between the tiles as we walked down a rather narrow hall. The further down we got, the louder the thumping bass of the music became.

Vanessa took the lead and opened the door. Whoosh. We were bathed in dim light and an explosion of sound; the kind of sound that throbbed deep in your chest. I squinted a few times and after my eyes adjusted, I noted the bar straight ahead. The room was decorated in stark, classy black and silver. To my left, the entire wall was covered in what looked like silver glitter. The wall to the right had some kind of cool water effect. Small, silver tables surrounded us; some with a comfy leather looking chairs and others of a simple metal design.

I followed Vanessa, casually peering around to see if Audrey and Wanda were here yet. Vanessa ordered something and paid. I took in a deep, calming breath and let the music soothe me and calm my nerves. It had been so long since I'd been out to a place like this. Everything seemed so strange and alien to me now.