20

Mira knows.

Erza knows.

And now Lucy knows.

I began to wonder who I would tell next?

I had four days left until the wedding, and I knew I had no chance with Gray afterwards. He was most likely determined to marry Juvia. He was the one who asked her after all. And Juvia was most likely going to stick with her 'I do's. She has been after Gray since they first met. And who knows how long ago that was.

Besides, if he was happy, I was going to let him be happy. The two love each other. Don't they? But I've noticed how much they've been drifting apart lately. They haven't been sitting together at the guild hall very much. And they don't exchange words that often either.

I was sitting at the guild hall right now. I would've been somewhere else, but there were no missions to go on.

I sighed since I had no one to talk to, picking at the table just for fun. I would've gotten something to eat, but I had just finished three plates of beef and rice. Not as good as the food at that one restaurant. No offense to Lisanna, since she made it.

I looked around the guild hall to see if I could bother anyone today. Basically, the whole place seemed so empty. Most likely because there weren't any jobs to go on right now. The board didn't have anything on it.

I saw Lucy sitting at another table at the other side of the guild hall reading a book with Levy. Lucy looked up at me, instantly flushed, and looked back down at her book. I snorted. She still couldn't believe what I said yesterday.

I lay my head down on the table. It was boring today. Not even Mirajane or Erza were here. I closed my eyes, but they shot open instantly. I couldn't try sleeping when I had all this energy built up inside me.

I needed to do something.

"Hey," a certain raven haired male said as he sat down next to me. I looked over at him. I couldn't recall seeing him here at all.

"Hi Gray," I said, laying my head back down on the wooden table.

An awkward aura began to flow between the two of us. We haven't talked much in days. Ever since we came back from the bachelor's party, that is. I wanted to say something. Anything to stop this awkwardness, but I had nothing on my mind. I fumbled with my fingers while Gray began to pull at his jacket.

"Are you excited about the wedding?" Gray spoke quietly. He didn't want to make it anymore awkward between us, so he had to be the first one to speak.

"Y-yeah. I'm glad you're going to be happy for the rest of your life," I mumbled, making my voice sound sarcastic. Gray raised an eyebrow at my tone. I realized that I shouldn't have said that.

"Excuse me? I'm the one getting married here. Atleast try to be happy for me. What happened to you saying you were proud of me?"

"Those were just lies."

"So you think this is some contest or something?"

"No! I'm just not happy that you're getting married!" I shouted, making the few people here look in our direction. We butted our heads together.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Gray shouted. I growled when he pushed up against me. "What I said! I'm not happy that you're getting married. It's making you and Juvia the center of attention!"

"I thought you hated attention!" Gray scowled as I pushed him over a little farther. I almost fell forward in the process, making me loose my balance only slightly.

"I do! But it's getting annoying!" I squealed as Gray pushed me over harder. I almost fell out of my chair while he had to push his chair backwards.

"Well then stay out of my life!" Gray shouted, kicking my chair across the guild hall. I went flying with it. All the eyes in the guild hall widened to see me soaring across the spacious room, only for me to skid across the floor and slamming into the wall. My arms and legs burned. The back of my head was in serious pain and I couldn't move my left arm because of my burning shoulder. I winced when I moved my right leg, my instinct telling me to grab it.

"Natsu!" Lisanna shouted from behind the bar counter. She came running over to me, along with Romeo, Lucy, and Levy. No Wendy in sight, sadly.

I looked over at Gray, who was staring back at me like he couldn't believe what he just did. A single tear rolled down my cheek because of all the pain I was feeling. That triggered him, making the raven run out of the guild hall. I watched the guild hall doors close as someone went to go get Makarov to see if he could call in Wendy, since she was at home.

I tried to move my arms to push everyone away.

"Maybe I should use Aries so she could give him comfort?" Lucy questioned.

"I can see if I have any healing spells in one of my books!" Levy said.

"I can look for Wendy!" Romeo said, running away.

"I don't have anything," Lisanna cried.

I scowled. "Back off!" I lit on fire, but winced when my shoulder began to ache. The guild doors busted open, only revealing a worried Wendy, who was already on her way to the guild hall. Romeo walked alongside her to lead the girl to me.

Wendy's eyes sparkled when she noticed me, and she ran over and kneeled down next to me.

I looked up at the ceiling, not being able to believe what had just happened. Gray looked so upset, like he didn't mean to hurt me like this. I began to relax as I felt the pain go away in my legs.

His face looked so innocient, like he was going to burst out crying. Wendy moved her hands up to my shoulders, making me feel relieved.

It made me wonder what he was thinking?

Wendy stood up, dusting off the imaginary dust from her hands and took in a breath. "All better," she said quietly. Lisanna gave her a small hug while I stood up and made my way to the doors.

Out the gate.

Down the road.

The one place I felt safe.

And when I arrived, I assumed I wasn't the only person with that spot in mind.