Aerospace II - Iceland Force

Aerospace II : The Island Cycle

Iceland Force

Gordon Best

This story has no direct connection to the Lunar Cycle stories. Not with the characters, nor the timeline. It is a separate entity.

Chapter 1 : Sharon and Carmel

It was Allen Morris that betrayed us. We had a sacred circle of six. It was Susan Herney his lover and our dear friend, who killed him. She did not even try to flee. There was nowhere to go. Her life was over. She told me this, when I visited her in Prince Albert prison.

She said, "Sharon, you four carry on. You can have my work and do with it as you like. I love you Sharon and your sister Carmel. Give my love to the boys. May you prosper."

Her crime was one of passion. She and our group had been betrayed. We were now a sacred circle of four. Susan understands that when the time is right, I will free her.

Everything our group had discussed was now in the hands of the Canadian Security Services. We needed to leave the country. Move the money out of Canadian access. It was time to fly to Iceland.

* * *

I am Sharon Cardinal. For most of my life, I have felt like my biblical name. I am a field upon which wars are fought. But the support of my family helped me through.

Who would have thought that this woman from Greenstone, Ontario, was now finished her Masters, in mathematics. That I had spent my last six summers working for different electronics firms, and completing a degree in Electronic Technology on the side.

That year, when I was eight, people were treating me like I was mad. But a trip to Thunder Bay hospital and two brain scans showed that I had inflammation on the brain. There was physical damage done, but it had other consequences.

I was in recovery for a year. Then I went back to school. It was the beginning of my life. Because I had little memory of what occurred before I was eight. But I was going to surprise people.

They put me in the right grade without hope I could manage. But I did. All the lessons, especially in math, were like candy to a baby. I absorbed everything and I remembered stuff.

Mom taught me diligently, daily, how to organize objects in my head. How to retrieve stuff. It is true that you do not forget anything. But it hides, it camouflages itself. I figured a system of retrieval that has stood me well. Mom told we stories of my first years.

I learned that vision and inspiration are very much a part of the mind. It is a great treasure of information, from the future and the past. Perhaps there are parallel worlds seeping knowledge to us. Great scientists have used vision and dreams in their logical processes. I will be careful and not claim my actions as my own intelligence. It is a gift and it must be returned in an eternal process. Value added re-gifting.

Carmel Cardinal is my sister. She is the other female in our fortress of four. I think of us now as a medicine circle. The one that has four sections. And four colours. Mingan Bruce and Chogan Cook are the other members. A circle that needs to heal after the loss of Susan Herney and the betrayal of Allen Morris.

* * *

My sister and I are two years apart. She is older. When I was in grade 4 she was in grade 6. They put me ahead because I was getting perfect marks. When she went into grade 8, they put me in with her. Little sister had caught up. We went into high school together. She was forced to compete. It was a friendly contest. We both took extra courses. In grade 11, I started taking correspondence in electronics and computer control. There was so much to learn and I felt like time was limited.